Mortgage payment split no longer working

Options
I'm using Windows subscription Home, Business, and Rental Property. Since 2018 my monthly mortgage payment has been accurately allocated to Principle and Interest without any periodic input on my part. Everything was entered on the 1st of the month in my check register even though the actual payment was made on the 13th. It was also named correctly with the proper Account Name (HarborOne Mortgage) I set up despite the fact that the actual payment is made to another name (LoanCare Online). As of the July 1, 2022 payment, all split loan entries have stopped. When I do One-Step Update, the transaction downloads as if it's a bill payment. The payment amount of $1187 shows as a single line item to "LoanCare Online" and is categorized as "Bills&Utilities: Credit Card Payment". The mortgage account register shows no entries after June 1 and the "Next Due" field is listed as July 1. Did Quicken change something to disable this feature? Is there some setting that I need to change?

Comments

• UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Assuming that you didn't activate the loan account for transaction downloading ...
    Is it possible that you forgot to enter the Scheduled Reminder for the mortgage payment every 1st of the month? Because if there's no payment transaction in the checking account register, the downloaded autopay from the mortgage company will create a new register transaction instead of matching to the already existing monthly payment transaction with the full Split breakdown.
  • StillBelieve
    Options
    Under "Payment Options" I had the "Loan Reminder" button checked, but not the "Automatically enter the transaction into the register [x] days before the due date". I must have inadvertently unchecked the "Auto" button because I have never entered a Scheduled Reminder before. Or perhaps Quicken fiddled with something during an update which changed that setting. Secondly, can I assume that activating the loan account for "downloading" is something you would have to set up when inaugurating the account? My account is "offline".
  • StillBelieve
    Options
    And I should have said "thank you" for so promptly putting your finger on the problem. I will see tomorrow (the first of the month) if my changes work.