R44 - I have lots of questions about the interesting new features!

Options
Don Awalt
Don Awalt Member ✭✭✭✭
1) Crypto - how do I turn on the price to 8 places precision?

2) Pending transactions - how do I turn this on? I saw some posts about an 'hour glass', but I do't see that anywhere?

3) Real time quotes - what does "real time" mean exactly; is it updating on some frequency any time Quicken is running? Or does that mean it gets updated price whenever a One Step Update is performed? Or does it mean something else?

4) Real time quotes - What securities get real time quotes - just stocks? Do mutual funds? Crypto?

Thank you for your help. These look like good features, but not nearly enough was published about how to use them, unless I missed it somewhere!

Answers

• Rocket J Squirrel
    Rocket J Squirrel SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    1. Edit > Preferences > Investments
    2. I don't know.
    3. I believe it simply means the 15 minute delay is removed when you update prices. You can still enable automatic updates every 15 minutes.
    4. That remains to be seen. Obviously mutual funds don't update in real time, only daily.

Quicken user since version 2 for DOS, now using QWin Biz & Personal Subscription (US) on Win10 Pro.

• Don Awalt
    Don Awalt Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Thanks for your replies. I guess more info will be coming out.
  • Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    #2  From the "What's New in Quicken":

I take it to mean that they always download pending transactions and put them into the register, but you can right click on one and hide them, and also exclude them from the current and ending balances.  This is basically like the reminders work.

How this is going to work with the Downloaded Transactions tab I have no idea.  And if it will apply to Direct Connect or not.  I would suspect it won't apply to Direct Connect because they can't control what the financial institution's send.  Express Web Connect and Express Web Connect + is a different story.
    Signature:
    This is my website: http://www.quicknperlwiz.com/
  • Rocket J Squirrel
    Rocket J Squirrel SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    2. There is an hourglass with a funny blob next to it at the bottom of my EWC+ registers (and in no other account registers) next to Ending Balance.

Quicken user since version 2 for DOS, now using QWin Biz & Personal Subscription (US) on Win10 Pro.

• Don Awalt
    Don Awalt Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Oh I see the hourglass now - it does not show up on accounts that are Direct Connect. Well I only have 1 account that is EWC. Oh well! Thanks.
  • thecreator
    thecreator SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Don Awalt said:
    1) Crypto - how do I turn on the price to 8 places precision?

2) Pending transactions - how do I turn this on? I saw some posts about an 'hour glass', but I do't see that anywhere?

3) Real time quotes - what does "real time" mean exactly; is it updating on some frequency any time Quicken is running? Or does that mean it gets updated price whenever a One Step Update is performed? Or does it mean something else?

4) Real time quotes - What securities get real time quotes - just stocks? Do mutual funds? Crypto?

Thank you for your help. These look like good features, but not nearly enough was published about how to use them, unless I missed it somewhere!

Hi @""Don Awalt"  ,

1.  Open Quicken to Edit then Preferences. Click on Calendar and Currency. Place a Check mark in Multicurrency Support. Click OK. - Can't check as I don't use.

3, Preferences > Investments >  Under Other Preferences, check Automatically update quotes every 15 minutes. - Can't check, I don't use.

4. All Stocks using your Default Brokerage Software, which is free for Investors. And updates are immediately.

thecreator - User of Quicken Subscription R53.16 USA

Windows 10 Pro 32-Bit Build 19045.3693
    Windows 10 Pro 64-Bit Build 19045.3754