How do I get past a Unsupported multi-factor authentication protocol (Q Mac)

Paul Kleeberg
Paul Kleeberg Member ✭✭✭
Citibank forced me to change my password when I attempted to access it on the web. I reset the password and then tried to use that password in Quicken for Mac.  It looked like it was going to work then suddenly I get the an Unsupported multi-factor authentication protocol message

I tried completely resetting all the information on the bank account to no avail. How do I resolve this? I called to the bank indicated that everything is working fine on their end they could not see any attempts from Quicken but they could see him all of my successful attempts from the web.
Quicken user since 1997 when Dollars and $ense died.

Answers

• Quicken Jared
    Quicken Jared Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Citibank forced me to change my password when I attempted to access it on the web. I reset the password and then tried to use that password in Quicken for Mac.  It looked like it was going to work then suddenly I get the an Unsupported multi-factor authentication protocol message

I tried completely resetting all the information on the bank account to no avail. How do I resolve this? I called to the bank indicated that everything is working fine on their end they could not see any attempts from Quicken but they could see him all of my successful attempts from the web.
    Hello @Paul Kleeberg

I am sorry about this problem with this message regarding multi-factor authentication. Thank you for inquiring about this here on the Quicken Community.

First, were you receiving any error messages prior to or when this prompt to reauthorize accounts appeared? Also, what 'instance' of Citibank are your making use of, and which Connection Type is being used to link your account to online banking services? You can check this by selecting one of the affected accounts from the Account List in the left-hand panel of the Quicken window, then click on the 'gear' icon in the lower right-hand corner of the same window. When you navigate to the Downloads tab in the pop-up that follows, what do you see? 

I look forward to your response, and hope to provide more advice, if necessary.

Thank you,

Quicken Jared 
  • Paul Kleeberg
    Paul Kleeberg Member ✭✭✭
    First, were you receiving any error messages prior to or when this prompt to reauthorize accounts appeared?

No.

Also, what 'instance' of Citibank are your making use of,

Costco Anywhere Visa card by Citi

and which Connection Type is being used to link your account to online banking services? You can check this by selecting one of the affected accounts from the Account List in the left-hand panel of the Quicken window, then click on the 'gear' icon in the lower right-hand corner of the same window. When you navigate to the Downloads tab in the pop-up that follows, what do you see? 

"Connect this account if you'd like to download transactions"

Connect account =>

Costco Anywhere Visa card by Citi

Continue =>

Enter UserID and Password used on the website (recently changed - password contains alpha, numeric and a @ character)

"Signing in...  Please wait."

SURPRISE!  This time it worked - and I did nothing different.  Sheesh!  And all the missed transactions synchronized.  I SWEAR I did nothing different.

Thanks for your help and patience.

Paul
    Quicken user since 1997 when Dollars and $ense died.
This discussion has been closed.