End balance for an account is showing up incorrectly on the Task Bar

Options
Rick4
Rick4 Member ✭✭✭
I'm sure this has something to do with a 'surprise' change to 'Express Web Connect' for my existing Discover Card account. Until the notification when I logged in, I thought this only affected my Chase Visa account. The change went thought fine and - unlike the case of my Chase Visa - I was able to link my old account instead of creating a new one. In any event, the next day I noticed that the 'End Balance' and/or 'Current Balance' on my Discover card showing on the task bar is NOT the same when I go to the actual account. Is anyone else having this problem? As I said, this is only an issue with my Discover card that changed to 'Express Web Connect' with no warning. As a final note, I cannot find any balance value in the Discover account that matches those shown on the Task Bar. Very annoying.
Tagged:

Answers

• MBerwin
    MBerwin Member ✭✭
    Options
    I have a similar problem. The online balance and the ending balance for a credit card account in the Quicken register match, which also matches the balance of the account online. However, the balance in the Account Bar in Quicken is a different number, which doesn't correspond to the register balance or the online balance.
  • Frankx
    Frankx SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Hi @Rick4,

Can you tell us the name of the financial institution that issued the credit card that is having the problems you described?  It is possible (maybe even likely) that the difference in the account balance account relates to pending transactions. 

This is a new problem that seems to have resulted in accounts that have been migrated to the EWC+ method.  Is this account using the EWC+ method?

Frankx

Quicken Home, Business & Rental Property - Windows 10-Home Version

- - - - Quicken User since 1984 - - - 
      -  If you find this reply helpful, please click "Helpful" (below), so others will know! Thank you.  -

• UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Please read this discussion about the new function to include/exclude pending transactions in EWC or EWC+ connected accounts. Applies to R 43.xx or R 44.xx Quicken versions.
    https://community.quicken.com/discussion/7920731/new-pending-transaction-shows-incorrect-total-on-menu#latest

• Rick4
    Rick4 Member ✭✭✭
    Options
    Yup. That's what's causing the disparity. I checked and found two bank pending transactions that totaled to the delta. I could not, however, find where I could set an option regarding Pending Transactions. I'm using the most current update (Ver R44.20, Build 27.1.44.20) so I don't understand why others report this option and it's not available to me. I want to thank MBerwin, Frankx, and UKR for taking the time to response. Can you tell me where you find this Pending Transaction option, please?
  • UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Rick4 said:
    ... Can you tell me where you find this Pending Transaction option, please?
    Did you miss the new icon in the register's balance line? Please see my earlier response and look at the images.

• Rick4
    Rick4 Member ✭✭✭
    Options
    Doh! I see it now. Sorry to drag this on, but thanks for the fix!
This discussion has been closed.