subtraction incorrect in register

Options
1jjohn
1jjohn Member ✭✭
In one checking register too often I note that it subtracts a payment incorrectly. I have to go out of Q and log back in and that seems to fix it for that transaction. It has happened many times and my budget is tight so I have to be really careful.
Tagged:

Comments

• volvogirl
    volvogirl SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    What version are you using?  Are you hitting enter after entering the transaction?  Can you post a screenshot of the wrong balance before you go out and back in?

Is the register sorted in date order?  And not filtered?  Try clicking the DATE column heading to sort by  date and maybe reset the filters at the top.

I'm staying on Quicken 2013 Premier for Windows.

• 1jjohn
    1jjohn Member ✭✭
    Options
    I am using the newest version-R43.42. Yes it is sorted by date. I often hit the green symbol for save rather than enter. Either way if if I go to a different transaction it should show a window asking me if I am saving. It is not filtered. I reported the problem to Q with a screenshot (under help-report a problem) but I do not have it now. When it does it again I will post the screenshot. (notice I did not say if). I have been using Q for over 20 years but not been able to fix this problem. Thank you for suggestions that I will check the next time.
This discussion has been closed.