Bills deducted from balance automatically (Q Mac)

Options
Recently upgraded to a new Mac and had to upgrade my Quicken to a way newer version.... kinda different and getting used to all the nuances and settings
Question - right now on the day a bill is due, Quicken automatically deducts the amount of the bill from the acct balance... i'd rather do that manually. Is there a way to turn that feature off?

Answers

• Quicken Jared
    Quicken Jared Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    budon said:
    Recently upgraded to a new Mac and had to upgrade my Quicken to a way newer version.... kinda different and getting used to all the nuances and settings
    Question - right now on the day a bill is due, Quicken automatically deducts the amount of the bill from the acct balance... i'd rather do that manually. Is there a way to turn that feature off?
    Hello @budon

Thank you for inquiring about the Bill Manager and Bill Reminder features here on the Quicken Community.

First, have you tried navigating to the menu options pictured below in the Account Register and selecting Don't Show Reminders?

Let us know how this works!

Thanks,

Quicken Jared 
  • budon
    budon Member
    Options
    Hi Jared
    I like the reminders, so i don't want to turn them of... i don't really want the amount deducted though
    is it both, or none?
  • Quicken Jared
    Quicken Jared Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2022
    Options
    budon said:
    Hi Jared
    I like the reminders, so i don't want to turn them of... i don't really want the amount deducted though
    is it both, or none?
    Hello @budon,    

Thanks for seeking additional clarification about this feature. 

In this case, the Bill Reminders would have to be disabled in order to prevent this. Nonetheless, you can recommend features using the Idea post process. You can create an Idea post using the instructions provided in this link, here. Essentially, users are able to suggest a feature that they would like to see implemented in the software, and it is then voted on by the members of the Quicken Community. If the proposal is popular enough, it is then handed off to the development team for consideration. 

I hope that makes this clearer, and that it was helpful. Feel free to reach out with any other questions or concerns.

Thank you,

Quicken Jared 
This discussion has been closed.