Split Transactions don't post to all transfer accounts

Options
cgpspencer
cgpspencer Member ✭✭
Recently I've had two split transactions (initially downloaded as single payments and then manually split as to destination) post to only the expense a/c and SOME of the selected transfer accounts - they skipped two transfers, although other months the split transactions worked fine. I deleted the downloaded payments and re-entered with all the categories and transfer accounts, and it finally posted one of the skipped transfers, but still skipped two. Any suggestions?
Tagged:

Answers

• Frankx
    Frankx SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Hi @cgpspencer

What happens with the amounts that you enter as transfers but don't reach the intended accounts/categories or in your words "destinations"?  Make sure that when you enter "transfers" to other accounts in Quicken - for each transfer - you need to use square brackets around the account name - like this [account name].

Frankx

Quicken Home, Business & Rental Property - Windows 10-Home Version

- - - - Quicken User since 1984 - - - 
      -  If you find this reply helpful, please click "Helpful" (below), so others will know! Thank you.  -

• cgpspencer
    cgpspencer Member ✭✭
    Options
    Hi Frankx - thanks for responding so quickly. Well, now I'm a bit embarrassed - I was going to say that nothing happens to those portions of the transactions - they don't even show up as "Unassigned" in the Spending Report for Itemized Categories. I thought these entries were exactly the same as the prior months, where I had categorized the exact same things. But when I went back to them to make sure they had brackets (they did), I saw that for some reason Quicken had suggested [Mortgage] instead of the bank name! Not thinking it through, that's what I clicked on, and sure enough they did not go to the right account (went somewhere in the ether, since I don't have [Mortgage] showing anywhere).
    So it was my error, but your clarifying question helped me answer it - thanks for your help!
    -Claudia
This discussion has been closed.