Transaction duplicates when I update the category

Options
jeffpz
jeffpz Member ✭✭
I am having the same problem as described by PeterV in this earlier post:

I just updated my version of Windows Quicken Deluxe yesterday to something like 43.014. Not sure if this happened before but I noticed it today. I have a zero value transaction to transfer money from an expense to an income. When the transactions were entered they were entered with no description. Whenever I see one I enter the category, which comes from the memorized transaction list. After I hit <Enter> the display updates the correct transaction and then displays a duplicate of the line on top of the next transaction. This makes it look like I lost a transaction and duplicated the edited transaction. It corrects when I move around so I know it isn't really duplicated. It just looks alarming when I see it, or it did. Now I know what's happening.

Hope this helps. I can send screenshots if you want to see it.

PeterV

Comments

• smono57
    smono57 Member ✭✭
    Options
    I came across the same problem. I have two separate computers with two different/unique quicken files and this problem started after I updated the new Bank of America authentication method (was already upgraded to to Quicken R43.32 and did not notice the problem at that point). This is definitely a bug. It appears to be an issue with not displaying entries correctly. When you change entry "A" and then move off the entry, Quicken displays entry "A"'s information over the top of the entry below it, so it appears to be duplicated. If I move to a couple different accounts along the left side of the screen and then go back to the original account, the correct entries are displayed. Validating the file does nothing since it appears to be an issue with quicken displaying the entries incorrectly. Quicken support can you please investigate this?
This discussion has been closed.