What is going on?

Options
ukarnaj
ukarnaj Member ✭✭
Quicken - can you please address in a letter to subscribers what is going on? I received a bunch of notifications in the program recently to update my Chase connection, which i did successfully (after a few tries). This weekend, i got caught up in the DIscover change. While working on that, i was prompted to reauthorize Bank of America, as well. I was then forced to do a reauthorization on my bank for my checking and savings account (which failed). I have accounts i can't reauthorize and the accounts i have reauthorized act as if they are connecting and "downloading", but nothing downloads. Can you please address in a communication to us as to what is going on and when it will be resolved, if at all? It would be better to know i have to go back to manually adding everything and ignore "connections", than to continue troubleshooting. Thanks in advance for the honesty! (signed, a long time Quicken user - since the 90's).

Answers

• Be Cloud Savvy
    Options
    This issue was experienced by me in August, also - and I had a four calls with tech support. All but one blamed my financial institutions. My financial institutions pointed the finger at Quicken. Come to find, it was a Quicken issue that - after numerous workarounds on my part, I was able to resolve. It seems that with each new 'update' (hardy-har-har), the issue resurfaces.

In all honesty, I'm out of any and all patience. This ongoing issue never seems to be resolved. Quicken, have you no shame??
  • ukarnaj
    ukarnaj Member ✭✭
    Options
    A little more data in regards to what i'm seeing (hoping it will help!):
    - Accounts being re-added to Quicken upon reauthorization - which i'm being prompted for multiple times for the same account.
    - Accounts being added to Quicken with transactions being downloaded even though i chose Link to Existing Account
    - Extremely high negative opening balances being added to existing Quicken Accounts when the above happens
    - Upon reconcile, always being asked whether you want to download transactions or ignore, even if you've just done it.
    - One Step Update status box is blank after downloading

I am completely understanding of how difficult it must be to keep up with so many different institutions and their constantly changing security practices and website design. However, this is very much a Quicken issue. I'd rather be told that the institution changed their site and i'll have to wait a bit for Quicken to catch up, as opposed to being told it's on the institution side. This is very obviously a Quicken change, with being prompted to reauthorized almost every institution's accounts (with this new authorization that links to the institution's site. Blank message boxes and not recognizing a download just performed is definitely on the Q side of the house.

I have a technology background and currently work in Cybersecurity. I can certainly understand the challenges and am fine with waiting for a working, secure solution; I'd just rather be told "we're working on it" and have Q acknowledge the issue (will check the forum next :-) )
  • TEELDEE
    TEELDEE Member
    Options
    Quicken Technical Support Personnel not able to resolve reauthorization problems with Chase, Discover and Bank of America. Have spent at least 5 hours on the phone with quicken Tech support. When will Quicken resolve this problem. As of this writhing I have lost connectivity to Chase and Discover??
  • ukarnaj
    ukarnaj Member ✭✭
    Options
    Currently - all downloading is broken for me. When the "update" completes, the One-Step Update Summary box is completely blank...
  • Quicken Jared
    Quicken Jared Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    ukarnaj said:
    Currently - all downloading is broken for me. When the "update" completes, the One-Step Update Summary box is completely blank...
    Hello @ukarnaj

I am sorry to hear about these problems with online banking. Thank you for discussing this with us here on the Quicken Community.

First, have you already made use of the instructions provided in this article with respect to your Chase accounts, this one in relation to your Bank of America accounts? Also, note that there are Open Alerts regarding Chase, Bank of America, and Discover that may be related to the situation you are describing. You can follow the threads linked here, here, here, here, here, here, and here for more information, and for any future updates.

I hope that is helpful.

Thank you,

Quicken Jared 
  • ukarnaj
    ukarnaj Member ✭✭
    Options
    Chase - i successfully reauthorized my Chase Accounts and downloaded transactions.
    BOA - i received no messages. but i successfully reauthorized my BOA accounts and downloaded transactions.
    I had screen shots until late last week on both of these as i DID have issues, but i was successful. The reauthorization process linked me to their sites and i received the messages regarding successful granting of access to a third party.
    i have viewed and tried all the Discover options and i have had no success. I believe i have an issue with the Quicken program itself.
    My OneStep Update Summary is BLANK and none of my accounts work - neither of my banks and none of my credit or investment accounts. I have attempted to "Report this problem" 3 times from the program so you could get technical data from my system, but i receive an error message :-(

The only non-ordinary thing that happened is that since i didn't received any notification on the Discover change, i attempted to do the reauthorization AFTER the change date. I'm wondering about uninstalling and reinstalling - as it seems something is corrupt. I've never had this problem in almost 30 years using Quicken, but i know things happen. ANY suggestions you might have would be appreciated.

Thanks for your response - i'm sure you are inundated. I AM technical and can try a lot of different things.
This discussion has been closed.