new Quicken update - Account List moved entries up/down

Options
Bbrady2005
Bbrady2005 Unconfirmed, Member
I had opened up Quicken. In loading up the data file, I was stopped and had to upload the new update. When quicken opened, the entries up to 2019 were present, bur nothing after that date 5/13/2019. I believe the old data file was loaded. How can I correct this?

Best Answer

• Bbrady2005
    Answer ✓
    Options
    Thank you for your help! I found that the accounts had been moved on the left. My present bank account was move to the bottom of the column and an old account was moved to the top ( Account numbers were similar)! Once I figured what happened, I switch the position of the accounts and it was corrected. Unfortunately, it took me 5 hours to discovered that problem. This switch occurred while I was downloading the last Quicken update.

Answers

• Quicken Jared
    Quicken Jared Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I had opened up Quicken. In loading up the data file, I was stopped and had to upload the new update. When quicken opened, the entries up to 2019 were present, bur nothing after that date 5/13/2019. I believe the old data file was loaded. How can I correct this?
    Hello @Bbrady2005

I am sorry to hear about this problem with missing transactions. Thank you for reaching out about this here on the Quicken Community. 

Have you tried restoring from a recent backup? We recommend saving backups frequently by navigating to File > Copy or Backup File... in the upper menu at the top of the screen. Provided that this has been done often, you should be able to restore from a backup that was saved just prior to when this issue emerged by navigating to File > Restore from backup... in the same menu. I am curious about whether or not this problem continues in the restored file.

I look forward to your response. 

Thank you,

Quicken Jared 
  • UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Are you sure your register is still correctly sorted by Date? An accidental mouse click on a column header in the register may have sorted your register by something other than Date.
    Please look at the register's column headers and make sure that the Date column header has a triangle ("Date ▲") next to it. If it doesn't or if the triangle points down, click the Date column header to set the sort order.
    Do the missing transactions now show?
    Also please ensure that the the three Filter fields are set to "All Dates, Any Type, All Transactions"

• Bbrady2005
    Answer ✓
    Options
    Thank you for your help! I found that the accounts had been moved on the left. My present bank account was move to the bottom of the column and an old account was moved to the top ( Account numbers were similar)! Once I figured what happened, I switch the position of the accounts and it was corrected. Unfortunately, it took me 5 hours to discovered that problem. This switch occurred while I was downloading the last Quicken update.
This discussion has been closed.