Is it possible to go back to the future?

Oldpilot
Oldpilot Member
I do my work on a Windows 11 desktop, with Quicken Startup edition running on it since last December. I also have a travel laptop that I haven't used since the Covid plague began. On it I used to use Quicken 2008. Now when I go on vacation this winter for the first time since 2017, I'd like to take my current Quicken data files with me. I just tried opening my backup file with the extension .QDF-backup, but Quicken 2008 can't seem to open it. Is it not possible to go backwards like this? (More accurately, go forward with an old version of my favorite software.)

For security reasons I don't use any of the modern conveniences like pulling my accounts from banks, brokerages, and the like. I have my own system and I like it. Indeed, I like 2008 much better than the version I downloaded last year -- older is faster to load because it isn't continually trying to update.

Thanks!

Comments

• Greg_the_Geek
    Greg_the_Geek SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    No, Quicken Subscription is only backward compatible with Quicken 2016 & 2017. You need to install Quicken Subscription on your laptop.
    Quicken Subscription HBRP - Windows 10
  • Oldpilot
    Oldpilot Member
    A good reason to stay away from Quicken! I'll not be renewing in December.
  • Greg_the_Geek
    Greg_the_Geek SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Then why did you upgrade to Quicken Subscription on Dec 1? Do you really expect a current version of software to be backwards compatible with a version that's 14 years old?
    Quicken Subscription HBRP - Windows 10
This discussion has been closed.