Bills & Income, routine bill always says "Sign In Problem"

I do not understand the "check pay" on a bill reminder in "Bills & Income". This appeared on the last Quicken update. I have a bill to a CC that has always been a routine bill and now it expects me to set it up for "check pay"??? I had to enter the bill in manually because it always says "sign in problem" even though I can successfully do a one step update on this account. Even after entered it manually, corrected the date due in "manage bills..." it always says UPCOMING and SIGN IN PROBLEM. There is NO instruction that I can find to explain what this is, how to set it up, IF I wanted to set it up or simply get past this. I ONLY want to use this as a bill reminder and do NOT want to set up any kind of "check pay" for this account. I'm not sure if "check pay" is implying that I pay the bill with a check, or is it going to automatically withdraw from the account it's expecting to link up with.

Any guidance would be appreciated.

TB

Comments

• UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Is that bill supposed to be paid from a checking account with a bank where you recently had to (or were supposed to but haven't done so yet) reauthorize your accounts, due to a migration from "Direct Connect" with Online Bill Pay to "Express Web Connect" or "Express Web Connect+"?
    After this migration, Online Bill Pay and Quick Pay are no longer supported with this bank, leaving only Check Pay.
    To avoid missed or late payments I recommend you logon directly to the biller's website and authorize them to direct debit (aka PAC Draft, Autopay, APS, etc.) the next and all future payments from your checking account or a credit card. The biller will do all the work for you and make an electronic debit on the due date and you don't have to worry about being late.
    In Quicken unlink the bill and just record a scheduled reminder which does not execute as an online payment into your account register on or before the Due Date and before you download transactions from the bank or credit card containing the payment transaction. That will allow Quicken to match your register transaction to the downloaded data and not cause any further issues.
  • Terry Bryson
    Terry Bryson Member ✭✭
    With your first question, I suppose so. I used to go on the CC website and pay from a checking account, but I don't know what method they used.

I do NOT want automatic payments to be made because the amount I pay may change each billing cycle!

Define "Check Pay" please!

I would like to eliminate the "sign in problem" bill reminder! Even if I have to do everything manually.

Thanks for your reply!

TB2
  • Terry Bryson
    Terry Bryson Member ✭✭
    One more comment, these are supposed to be "BILL REMINDERS". They are NOT supposed to actually be doing anything unless I command them to! IF I set it up for auto pay, that's cool. If I do not set up the REMINDERS for auto pay, then it's simply supposed to sit there and remind me it's time to do something about it. How do I convert this "reminder" back to just being a "reminder" and not some kind of linked notification that my banking isn't set up properly?

In the "Edit Bill Reminder" for this bill, I have unchecked "allow paying with check pay" but it still keeps informing me that I haven't set it up properly for check pay.

Thanks again,

TB2
This discussion has been closed.