Is there any way to change the order of entries in a split transaction to most recent to first?

Options
cid69
cid69 Member ✭✭
I've got a split transaction with lots of entries that I add to. Bring up the splits it shows the most recent....and on down so I have to scroll to the bottom to add. I would like to have the last entry on the top? Is is possible?>

Answers

• volvogirl
    volvogirl SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    What transaction are you splitting?  There might be a better way to enter it, especially for credit card payments.  

I'm staying on Quicken 2013 Premier for Windows.

• bmciance
    bmciance SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Just to add to Volvogirl's comment, if you are entering more than just one entry (like a full month of credit card charges) in a split entry you should really be entering these one at a time as they happen, not as one split entry when you pay your credit card.  You would need to create a credit card account and enter them one at a time and then your credit card payment is simply a transfer from your checking account to the credit card account.  Nothing needs to be split unless one charge is for different items that you need to split into different categories.
  • cid69
    cid69 Member ✭✭
    Options
    I know it's not conventional but it's a system we have used successfully for years. A combination of credit card and budgeting. Credit card purchases are entered as they occur and budgeting items like Christmas, car registration etc are listed as a line item and added to throughout the year. In our previous program, Microsoft Money, splits opened up at the last few entries so you didn't have to scroll to enter a new entry. Quicken opens at the top and you have to scroll down to enter a new item. I'm not looking for a better way just want to reverse order of entries if I can.
This discussion has been closed.