Issues since last update to online banking/reconciling

Options
Aaron Lea
Aaron Lea Member
Is anyone else experiencing issues with having transactions in Quicken already and then when you download cleared transactions from your bank, the software downloads the transactions again? I am also experiencing issues if I move a transaction to a new date in Quicken, it will move the transaction physically to the new space, but it also keeps it in the previous space balance column even though the transaction has been physically moved to a new date. It also puts a deposit in the middle of the transactions that are for the same date which is not correct, in order to fix this issue, I have to move the deposit to a new date, close the program, relaunch the program and then move it back to the correct date and then close and reload the program/file but it still will put the deposit back in the middle of the debits for that date. I really wish this update with the banks would not have happened as everything was working fabulously before it happened and now it is just not dependable at all.

Answers

• Quicken Jared
    Quicken Jared Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Aaron Lea said:
    Is anyone else experiencing issues with having transactions in Quicken already and then when you download cleared transactions from your bank, the software downloads the transactions again? I am also experiencing issues if I move a transaction to a new date in Quicken, it will move the transaction physically to the new space, but it also keeps it in the previous space balance column even though the transaction has been physically moved to a new date. It also puts a deposit in the middle of the transactions that are for the same date which is not correct, in order to fix this issue, I have to move the deposit to a new date, close the program, relaunch the program and then move it back to the correct date and then close and reload the program/file but it still will put the deposit back in the middle of the debits for that date. I really wish this update with the banks would not have happened as everything was working fabulously before it happened and now it is just not dependable at all.
    Hello @Aaron Lea

I am sorry about this issue with cleared transactions being downloaded again, and for this problem with transactions being copied across dates in the Register. 

Are you noticing these problems with multiple accounts, and with multiple financial institutions? If so, save a backup by navigating to File > Copy or Backup File... in the upper menu at the top of the screen, then proceed through the following instructions, in order:
    1. Navigate to File
    2. Select Validate and Repair File...
    3. Select Validate File
    4. Click OK
    5. Close the Data Log
    6. Close Quicken (leave it closed for at least 5 secs)
    7. Reopen Quicken and see if the issue persists. 

If you are still noticing difficulties after you have attempted those recommendations, you may try the following:

1. Navigate to File
    2. Hold CTRL + Shift and click Validate and Repair File...
    3. Select Super Validate File
    4. Click OK
    5. Close the Data Log
    6. Close Quicken (leave it closed for at least 5 secs)
    7. Reopen Quicken and see if the issue persists.

I look forward to hearing about your results. NOTE: if this seems to be in relation to one particular account, and one particular institution, let us know. This will require a different solution.

Thank you,

Quicken Jared 
This discussion has been closed.