Has anyone had any issues with TD Bank and pulling future bills

Options
I have not been able to pull future bills for over a week that I have scheduled to be paid. It is extremely frustrating.

Answers

• Quicken Jared
    Quicken Jared Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I have not been able to pull future bills for over a week that I have scheduled to be paid. It is extremely frustrating.
    Hello @Dawn Lavacchia

I am sorry to hear about this frustration with future bills. Thank you for reaching out about this here on the Quicken Community. 

To begin, I want to make sure: are you referring to .pdf statements downloaded from your banking institution? If you are referring to scheduled transactions, what seems to be happening after you create these transactions? Lastly, have you noticed any error messages in association with your TD Banks accounts?

I look forward to hearing your answers, and I hope to provide further advice, once I know more about the situation. 

Thank you,

Quicken Jared 
  • Dawn Lavacchia
    Options
    Jared - It is not statements. I set bills up in TD Bank for future payment. Prior to last week, these used to download when I updated Quicken. This is no longer happening. Also, I have been having major issues with quicken since last week. Been on with support two times to try to get it fixed. Today, I decided to remove quicken and download new and add everything new again. I got everything setup and when I went to change TD Bank to Direct as opposed to Web, the Activate One Step Update has been currently spinning for a good 15 minutes. I have not received any error messages as of yet. I use this future outlook every day to see what is coming due, and it is very frustrating that this has stopped working.
  • Quicken Jared
    Options
    Jared - It is not statements. I set bills up in TD Bank for future payment. Prior to last week, these used to download when I updated Quicken. This is no longer happening. Also, I have been having major issues with quicken since last week. Been on with support two times to try to get it fixed. Today, I decided to remove quicken and download new and add everything new again. I got everything setup and when I went to change TD Bank to Direct as opposed to Web, the Activate One Step Update has been currently spinning for a good 15 minutes. I have not received any error messages as of yet. I use this future outlook every day to see what is coming due, and it is very frustrating that this has stopped working.
    Hello @Dawn Lavacchia

I am sorry about this problem with freezing, and lack of matching between downloaded and scheduled transactions. Thank you for explaining the situation in greater detail.

Do the transactions match what is downloaded, even when you drag a downloaded transaction on top of the one you created within the register? Also, if you have the chance, you could save a backup by going to File > Copy or Backup File... in the upper menu at the top of the screen and then create a 'test' data file by going to the same menu and selecting New Quicken File... Next, choose New Quicken File in the screen that follows, and then click OK. After this, choose a file location on your computer and then click Save. Choose Don't use mobile and web when prompted. 

You may then add your TD Banks-associated accounts by navigating to the Add Account button in the upper left-hand side of the screen, denoted by the '+' symbol. Let us know if you see the same issues occurring in the test data file once this is attempted.

I look forward to hearing about your results. 

Thank you,

Quicken Jared 
  • Dawn Lavacchia
    Options
    Jared - I do not know what you mean by this "Do the transactions match what is downloaded, even when you drag a downloaded transaction on top of the one you created within the register?" When I used to do the One Step Update, it would download anything that was scheduled to be paid.
  • Dawn Lavacchia
    Options
    Jared - I did as you said to do the Test. When I just added the TD Bank accounts, in my checking account, it is showing the 4 pending items for today. This is also something that is new within the last week. However, it is not pulling in the future bills I have set up in TD Bank, like it used to do. This is using the "Express Web Connection". When I look at the Account List, it is telling me that I can "Improve Connection." This is using the "Direct Connect" method, which is what used to pull down these future payments. I have to provide quicken access on the TD side, which I have. I then have to Activate the One Step Update by linking all the accounts it found to the existing ones that it pulled initially. This is where the screen goes black, says not responding, then it is trying to add the accounts, but just spins and spins until I finally cancel it.
  • Quicken Jared
    edited October 2022
    Options
    Jared - I did as you said to do the Test. When I just added the TD Bank accounts, in my checking account, it is showing the 4 pending items for today. This is also something that is new within the last week. However, it is not pulling in the future bills I have set up in TD Bank, like it used to do. This is using the "Express Web Connection". When I look at the Account List, it is telling me that I can "Improve Connection." This is using the "Direct Connect" method, which is what used to pull down these future payments. I have to provide quicken access on the TD side, which I have. I then have to Activate the One Step Update by linking all the accounts it found to the existing ones that it pulled initially. This is where the screen goes black, says not responding, then it is trying to add the accounts, but just spins and spins until I finally cancel it.
    Hello @Dawn Lavacchia

I am sorry about this problem with connection methods seeming to grow complicated in a test file. Thank you for letting me know about your results.

It sounds as though the connection method defaulted to Express Web Connect in the test file, is that correct? If so, navigate back to your original file and check the connection method by going to Tools > Account List and then clicking on the Edit button in the row associated with the affected accounts. Next, go to the Online Services tab in the new window that appears afterward. The information we are looking for should be found under the Online Setup callout box.

If the connection method appears to be Direct Connect, then navigate back into a new test file and be sure to click Advanced Options in the right-hand panel when trying to add an account via the Add Account button. This will give us a clearer picture of what is happening with your account connections.

I hope to hear back from you about this. 

Thank you,

Quicken Jared 
  • Dawn Lavacchia
    Options
    I have messed with these files so much today. I had deleted all my accounts from my file for TD Bank and an trying to download them again. I did choose the Advanced Options and selected the Direct Connect. I was unaware of this option. At this time, it is just spinning trying to add these accounts. I am not holding out much hope.
  • Quicken Jared
    Options
    I have messed with these files so much today. I had deleted all my accounts from my file for TD Bank and an trying to download them again. I did choose the Advanced Options and selected the Direct Connect. I was unaware of this option. At this time, it is just spinning trying to add these accounts. I am not holding out much hope.
    Hello @Dawn Lavacchia

I am sorry to hear about this issue continuing in the test file. Thank you for reaching out again with your results.

Unfortunately, if this problem is recurring in the test file, and the connection method being used is Direct Connect, it would be necessary to speak with TD Banks support. Note that it can be helpful to request to speak with 'Tier 2' representatives or an escalations team, as these individuals may possess greater knowledge of third-party software, and may be able to conduct further investigation.

I hope that is helpful, and feel free to reach out with additional questions or concerns. 

Thank you,

Quicken Jared 
  • mshiggins
    mshiggins SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    If you are seeing pending transactions in your TD Bank account register in Quicken your connection type is EWC or EWC+.  You will not see payments scheduled on the TD Bank website in your Quicken account register for EWC and EWC+ connection type.

If you want to see payments scheduled on the TD Bank website in your Quicken account register, the connection type must be Direct Connect. 

Quicken user since Q1999. Currently using QW2017.
    Questions? Check out the Quicken Windows FAQ list

• Dawn Lavacchia
    Options
    @mshiggins yes, I am aware it needs to be the direct connection. That is what the setup was prior to having issues last week. I have issues with the TD accounts about every 3-4 weeks. It is ridiculous. At this time I can not change to direct connection as it just sits and spins and finally quicken stops working. Not sure what if anything can be done at this point.
  • mshiggins
    mshiggins SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    There is a consortium of financial institutions that are driving this change from DC to EWC+. The FIs paid a fee for Direct Connect and don't want to pay it any more. 

I see TD Bank is a member of the consortium. It sounds like they are starting the process of switching users from DC to EWC+.

More info on the consortium here:

Quicken user since Q1999. Currently using QW2017.
    Questions? Check out the Quicken Windows FAQ list

This discussion has been closed.