My Citi card Account Bar balance does not match the the account balance (which is correct) [edited]

TEC
TEC Quicken Windows Subscription Member
edited October 2022 in Reports (Windows)
There are no unlisted charges or payments in the account details, and everything has cleared. The difference is not matching any one transaction.

Best Answer

• Jim_Harman
    Jim_Harman Quicken Windows Subscription SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2022 Answer ✓
    Does the bottom of the register look like this, with a triangle and hourglass to the left of Ending Balance?

I edited the title of this discussion to make it clearer.
    QWin Premier subscription

Answers

• Mark1104
    Mark1104 Member ✭✭✭✭
    @tec - can you explain again? if the balance is correct, then that infers the Bank statement is incorrect. ...I don't think that is what you really mean.  By 'balance in account' details, do you mean the balance WAY at the bottom of the transaction register? 

• TEC
    Yes, the balance at the bottom of the transaction register matches my credit card statement, and is correct. The account summary, at the righthand side of the home page, which shows all the account balances, is incorrect for the citi card balance. There, it shows a different balance than is showing at the end of the quicken account register. All others are correct.

Thanks and sorry for the confusion.
  • Jim_Harman
    edited October 2022
    OK, that makes it clearer. What you call the "account summary" is usually called the Account Bar. There have been issues recently with Quicken including pending transactions in the Account Bar balances. 

Please go to Help > About Quicken and let us know what version of Quicken you are currently running.

Also is there a small hourglass and triangle to the left of "Ending Balance" at the bottom of your account register?
  • TEC
    There is a triangle at the bottom left of the register (on the blue line that has no transaction info on it). The version I am using is R43.32.
  • TEC
    ... looking closer, it is a small flag and '+' sign at the bottom left side of the register...
  • TEC
    no hour glass and/or triangle.
  • Jim_Harman
    edited October 2022 Answer ✓
    Does the bottom of the register look like this, with a triangle and hourglass to the left of Ending Balance?

I edited the title of this discussion to make it clearer.
  • TEC
    YES! At the bottom, under the register where it says "ending Balance"
  • TEC
    Problem solved! Thanks so much!
  • Mark1104
    Mark1104 Member ✭✭✭✭
    @tec - validate the file - that should fix the balances...file> validate and repair
This discussion has been closed.