How do I edit the account nickname in one step update

Options
wallflores
wallflores Member ✭✭
After updating my Chase account for the new security protocol, two account nicknames in one step update were swapped. Chase transactions are now listed in a different bank savings account. That Saving account downloads do not appear anywhere. How do I correct this account nickname error?

Answers

• UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    The account nickname, i.e., the name of the account register as it appears in the Account Bar, the register's title and everywhere else in Quicken can be changed by going into Edit Account Details and changing the name that appears in the Account Name field.
    If you need to swap account names, note that you can't have two account names spelled exactly the same. So, if you want to swap account A with account B, first change A to Ax, then change B to A and finally change Ax to B
    If you are Syncing to the Web, immediately after making this change Reset Sync to refresh the sync file on the Quicken server:

How to reset Sync to Cloud

• Log out of your mobile app, then do this on your desktop / laptop:
    • Go to Edit / Preferences / Mobile and Web
    • Click the "Reset your cloud data" link and follow the instructions until it is complete.
    • Sync your desktop file to the cloud
    • Now log back into your mobile app

• wallflores
    wallflores Member ✭✭
    Options
    I tried changing the nicknames in the account list but that isn't the problem/ The one step update takes the change but the accounts are still swapped, ie. Credit card still shows the savings account nickname and the Savings account still shows the credit card nickname. I need to edit the nicknames used in the one step update NOT in the account list.
    See attached! The nickname in this window is incorrect with no visible means to correct it.
  • UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Are you trying to activate a pair of accounts for downloading? And one of them is already activated?
    Look at the Account Types in both account registers. Are they of the correct types, i.e., Savings for your "Savings #1" and Credit Card for your Chase credit card register?
    It appears to me as if you might have "cross-linked" the savings account at the bank to the credit card account register in Quicken. If that's the case, deactivate that account, then reactivate both of them. Make sure you correctly link the accounts: click the Action field to get a pulldown list and select the one you need, savings to savings, credit to credit.
  • Tom Darbie
    Tom Darbie Member ✭✭
    edited October 2022
    Options
    I have tried to deactivate all chase accounts in quicken but when I attempt to activate and pair I get the following: The second and fourth nicknames are incorrect and the last account does not allow me to select the appropriate account in the link to drop down....it is not one of the options. Suggestions??
This discussion has been closed.