PayPal Mastercard - downloading pending transactions too

Options
Dave1234
Dave1234 Member ✭✭✭
For the past week or so (perhaps longer - since PayPal did a website upgrade), in addition to posted transactions, Quicken is also downloading 'pending' transactions.

i.e., I go to a restaurant and spend $100. I tip an additional $20. On my next download, I get a new transaction for $100. A couple days later, I get another separate transaction for $120.

I see there's an alert for something similar happening with Chase. Looks like this is happening with PayPal Mastercard, too.

Comments

• UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Pending transactions, being downloaded into Quicken, is a new feature that the programmers are working on. And they still need to work out all the bugs, too.
    Pending transactions are for notification only and are NOT supposed to be turned into REAL register transactions immediately, because their amount may change or they may vanish after a day or two. Or they may be a sign of someone making unauthorized transactions ...
    So, don't worry too much about them. For now, I'd say, ignore them and wait for the programmers to finish working on this new feature.
  • Dave1234
    Dave1234 Member ✭✭✭
    Options
    > @UKR said:
    > Pending transactions, being downloaded into Quicken, is a new feature that the programmers are working on. And they still need to work out all the bugs, too.
    > Pending transactions are for notification only and are NOT supposed to be turned into REAL register transactions immediately, because their amount may change or they may vanish after a day or two. Or they may be a sign of someone making unauthorized transactions ...So, don't worry too much about them. For now, I'd say, ignore them and wait for the programmers to finish working on this new feature.

I figured all of this... but I haven't seen any mention (not that I've looked extensively) that the problem was larger than just Chase.

It's tough to "ignore" them when I think they're correct and accept them. But, considering all the other issues I've dealt with over the years, this one is pretty minor.
  • Dave1234
    Dave1234 Member ✭✭✭
    edited October 2022
    Options
    A new wrinkle - it's also downloading some 'pending' charges as payments. So instead of a $50 expense, it's a $50 credit to the account.

When is this going to be addressed?
  • Joseph
    Joseph Member ✭✭
    edited October 2022
    Options
    I am also getting two of these issues with my Paypal World Mastercard. I am getting expense transactions posting as payments, and having pending transactions appearing as posted transactions. It is my opinion that the pending transaction "feature" should be optional and not a mandatory posting to the account. This can be confusing and it clearly doesn't work at this point.
  • Joseph
    Joseph Member ✭✭
    edited October 2022
    Options
    Over a week and no comment from the Quicken staff as to when this issue will be addressed with the pending transactions still being downloaded as posted transactions on the Paypal Mastercard. I am running Windows Release R44.28 and I see other threads stating that the pending transactions "feature" can be turned off but there is no "hourglass" icon nor is there a Pending Transactions column appearing at the bottom of my account register.

I would turn off the pending transactions "feature" globally if possible because I have absolutely no use for creating unnecessary debit and credit transactions nor do I want to track pending transactions in Quicken because I don't trust the ability of Quicken to accurately download or segregate them due to their transitory nature. If I want to be notified of pending transactions then I can sign up for the app from my credit card issuer. Quicken already has it's issues in downloading posted transactions consistently and accurately, so why add more complexity? How about just fixing all of the constant downloading issues instead? Just do a search on this forum and I would guess the number one complaint is not being able to download posted transactions correctly.

Also, no comment from the Quicken staff about the charge transactions being downloaded as payment transactions for the same credit card...
This discussion has been closed.