Buying securities in retirement accounts does not reduce cash balance (Q Mac)

Options
cornguy.rln
cornguy.rln Member
edited November 2022 in Investing (Mac)
I converted a Quicken file from Windows (R43.32) to Mac (v6.90). Everything looks good except for several (but not all) of my retirement accounts. The register shows my deposits and the resulting increase in the cash balance (i.e., "Cash In"). However, the 'Buy' transactions that correspond with the amounts deposited do not reduce the cash account balance. Therefore, my cash account continues to build. The securities-held balances are correct so the number of shares is correct. Just the cash balance is incorrect. I've tried to re-enter duplicate Buy transactions but the cash balance does not adjust (i.e., there is no "Cash Out" entry in the transaction).

A response to a similar question posted over a year ago in the forum suggested looking for placeholder transactions for the cash balance, but none exist for my affected retirement accounts.

Interestingly, this quirk is not present for all of my retirement accounts, so that suggests something went wrong in the conversion from the Windows file???

Any help or advice is welcome.
This discussion has been closed.