Statement Payee and Edited Description from BofA (Q Mac)

YaYa
YaYa Member ✭✭
I am using Q on a mac. I just updated to the newest version 6.9.0. When downloading from BofA, the data used to include the edited description from the bank and the statement payee. I have always used the edited description for specifics for categorizing. Now the statement payee comes in, but the edited description from BofA no longer comes in. The payee and the Quicken name are both the vendor's name, and are not editable. Is there a way to import the edited description as before? I contacted BofA and they advised to contact Q.

Comments

• Quicken Jared
    Quicken Jared Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    YaYa said:
    I am using Q on a mac. I just updated to the newest version 6.9.0. When downloading from BofA, the data used to include the edited description from the bank and the statement payee. I have always used the edited description for specifics for categorizing. Now the statement payee comes in, but the edited description from BofA no longer comes in. The payee and the Quicken name are both the vendor's name, and are not editable. Is there a way to import the edited description as before? I contacted BofA and they advised to contact Q.
    Hello @YaYa,  

I am sorry to hear about this problem with missing information and more specifically, the edited description failing to apply to transactions. Thank you for speaking with us about this here on the Quicken Community. 

First, have you already made use of the steps listed in the Support Article linked here? Also, are you importing QFX files when this occurs, or trying to update your account via One Step Update? 

I look forward to your answers, and hope to provide further assistance, if necessary. 

Thank you,

Quicken Jared 
  • YaYa
    YaYa Member ✭✭
    edited October 2022
    Hi Jared, I did go through the community looking for the same issue, but didn't find much resolution. The article you sent provides more detail, so thanks for that. I have not gotten any messages about the connection changes. I normally download the qfx file and that's how I do my updates. I like to do them per statement or set period of time. The linked article shows the change comes when you are updating accounts, but I don't normally use that method. Maybe that's why?
    One extra note - I did contact BofA and they didn't have any solution except to contact Q.
This discussion has been closed.