Chase CC connection

Options
DR806
DR806 Member ✭✭
Anybody have a solution for downloading transactions from Chase after this Chase/Quicken debacle? Just signed on and expected about 25 transactions to download since Sep 23, and only 4 did, all from the last few days. Quicken Chat support was unable to help, even though I spent about 1.5 hours with them! They want me to call back Monday. No time M-F. Need it to work now.

Best Answer

• DR806
    DR806 Member ✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Options
    Fixed it. How I figured out how to fix it is crazy. First, the fix.

The Account Number on the General screen that this new Chase connection requires is a different Account Number that what is supplied by Quicken. Actually, Chase wants the COMPLETE Account Number (CC) to match it up. Therefore, I put the correct Account Number (CC) in the Account Number field, deactivated the account, did NOT clear the fields on the General screen, and then re-added the Chase account. And my transactions downloaded properly.

Now mind you, I have tried this process about 8 times with both Quicken support (Chat) and Chase support helping me to no avail. The key is 1) put your full credit card account number in the Account Number field on the General screen, and 2 ) Do NOT wipe out those fields after deactivating.

Now, if you care, is a very brief description of how I figured this out after spending about 3 hours on this. Chase support taught me how to manually download the .QFX file. And that worked but it put the transactions in a totally new account in Quicken. Whey didn't it put the transactions in the Chase account it should have??? Weird, but okay. I realized I could handle that by moving them after accepting them. However, before I did that, I was looking at the settings of this new account and noticed the difference in the Account Number field and the Customer ID field. The original (correct) Chase account did not have the Customer ID field, so I could not update that. But I could update the Account Number field. So, I did and followed my above process and got my transactions! By the way, after reconnecting, I have the new Customer ID field in the original account!

Done. Hope this helps someone.

Hey Quicken, how about better support on the weekends, when I have time to do my finances???

Answers

• DR806
    DR806 Member ✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Options
    Fixed it. How I figured out how to fix it is crazy. First, the fix.

The Account Number on the General screen that this new Chase connection requires is a different Account Number that what is supplied by Quicken. Actually, Chase wants the COMPLETE Account Number (CC) to match it up. Therefore, I put the correct Account Number (CC) in the Account Number field, deactivated the account, did NOT clear the fields on the General screen, and then re-added the Chase account. And my transactions downloaded properly.

Now mind you, I have tried this process about 8 times with both Quicken support (Chat) and Chase support helping me to no avail. The key is 1) put your full credit card account number in the Account Number field on the General screen, and 2 ) Do NOT wipe out those fields after deactivating.

Now, if you care, is a very brief description of how I figured this out after spending about 3 hours on this. Chase support taught me how to manually download the .QFX file. And that worked but it put the transactions in a totally new account in Quicken. Whey didn't it put the transactions in the Chase account it should have??? Weird, but okay. I realized I could handle that by moving them after accepting them. However, before I did that, I was looking at the settings of this new account and noticed the difference in the Account Number field and the Customer ID field. The original (correct) Chase account did not have the Customer ID field, so I could not update that. But I could update the Account Number field. So, I did and followed my above process and got my transactions! By the way, after reconnecting, I have the new Customer ID field in the original account!

Done. Hope this helps someone.

Hey Quicken, how about better support on the weekends, when I have time to do my finances???
  • DrivesLikeJehu
    Options
    Thanks for your proposed solution @DR806, but I can't get this to work for me. I see Quicken support is working on it so hopefully there will be an official solution soon. In the meantime, I'm downloading .QFX files.
This discussion has been closed.