How can I have a new verification code sent to link my bank account?

While trying to link my Wells Fargo Bank account, I accidentally had the verification code sent to an old phone number. I cannot figure out how to have a new verification code sent to my current phone number.

Best Answer

• Boatnmaniac
    Boatnmaniac SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2022 Answer ✓
    I am assuming your WF online account is where the old phone number was entered.
    1. If you have not already done so, update your WF online account with the current phone number.
    2. Go to http://www.wellsfargo.com/fmssetup and log in there using your WF online account credentials.  You should be texted a code by WF that you will need to enter into the popup that comes up.  Once the code has been entered you will have 10 minutes to complete the WF setup process.
    3. Go to "Add Account"
    4. Click on "Wells Fargo"
    5. Select "Direct Connect"
    6. Click on "Next"
    7. Enter your normal WF online account login ID and PW.  Be sure to check the box for "Save to password vault" if you do not want to have to enter your login information each time you want to download transactions.
    8. Click on "Connect"
    9. The setup process should then progress and complete.
    You should now be set up with Direct Connect.  It is a superior and much faster connection method than Express Web Connect is.   It also allows you to set up Bank Bill Pay transactions with a WF checking account from within Quicken at no cost to you.
    Did this help you get the account setup and downloading properly?

(Quicken Classic Premier Subscription: R54.16 on Windows 11)

Answers

• Boatnmaniac
    Boatnmaniac SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2022 Answer ✓
    I am assuming your WF online account is where the old phone number was entered.
    1. If you have not already done so, update your WF online account with the current phone number.
    2. Go to http://www.wellsfargo.com/fmssetup and log in there using your WF online account credentials.  You should be texted a code by WF that you will need to enter into the popup that comes up.  Once the code has been entered you will have 10 minutes to complete the WF setup process.
    3. Go to "Add Account"
    4. Click on "Wells Fargo"
    5. Select "Direct Connect"
    6. Click on "Next"
    7. Enter your normal WF online account login ID and PW.  Be sure to check the box for "Save to password vault" if you do not want to have to enter your login information each time you want to download transactions.
    8. Click on "Connect"
    9. The setup process should then progress and complete.
    You should now be set up with Direct Connect.  It is a superior and much faster connection method than Express Web Connect is.   It also allows you to set up Bank Bill Pay transactions with a WF checking account from within Quicken at no cost to you.
    Did this help you get the account setup and downloading properly?

(Quicken Classic Premier Subscription: R54.16 on Windows 11)

• That worked, thank you!
This discussion has been closed.