one step update settings

Options
NIHTerp
NIHTerp Member ✭✭
I have 2 CITI accounts linked together and have never had any problems downloading transactions. both are now set u for express web connect. one account works. the other doesn't download any transactions. if I go to that account and the "gear" selector in upper right corner hit "update now" and one step update settings window comes up but "update now" is grayed out? what happened? the other account when I do the exact same thing its not grayed out?

Comments

• Frankx
    Frankx SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Options
    Hi @NIHTerp,

When you "go to that account and the "gear" selector in upper right corner hit "update now" and one step update settings window comes up..." - is there a little box to the left of the bank's name in this window?  And in this same window - is there a little key icon to the right of the bank's name?

If there is a box - you need to check that box.  If there isn't a key icon - then you haven't saved the password for this account.  You need to do both to effect the download.

Frankx

Quicken Home, Business & Rental Property - Windows 10-Home Version

- - - - Quicken User since 1984 - - - 
      -  If you find this reply helpful, please click "Helpful" (below), so others will know! Thank you.  -

• NIHTerp
    NIHTerp Member ✭✭
    Options
    Frankx, thanks for above info. that did show me something. I have 2 accounts with CITI bank with same user name/password. I had to switch to express web connect. before that I could download both accounts at same time. since then the one count has the box with bank name and key icon as you describe above and that will download. Th second account where the bank name etc is with first account this just shows "download transactions and balances". when I go to vault it says citi password "not required". know it must be something simple but can't figure it out? if I go to bank it lets me download transactions into quicken?
  • NIHTerp
    NIHTerp Member ✭✭
    Options
    I just noticed that when i downloaded transactions from bank to quicken it knocked setting "off express web connect" and put on web connect and says to "improve connection"? then if I go to "update now" in upper right hand corner of that account it takes me straight to CITI's login age!!
  • NIHTerp
    NIHTerp Member ✭✭
    edited October 2022
    Options
    I had asked 1st paragraph and Frankx answered but I didn't work and I added below paragraphs. Sorry, I didn't know how to keep it in same discussion!

I have 2 CITI accounts linked together and have never had any problems downloading transactions. both are now set u for express web connect. one account works. the other doesn't download any transactions. if I go to that account and the "gear" selector in upper right corner hit "update now" and one step update settings window comes up but "update now" is grayed out? what happened? the other account when I do the exact same thing its not grayed out?

Frankx answer helped me but still have problem but that did show me something. I have 2 accounts with CITI bank with same user name/password. I had to switch to express web connect. before that I could download both accounts at same time. since then the one count has the box with bank name and key icon as you describe above and that will download. Th second account where the bank name etc is with first account this just shows "download transactions and balances". when I go to vault it says citi password "not required". know it must be something simple but can't figure it out? if I go to bank it lets me download transactions into quicken?

I just noticed that when i downloaded transactions from bank to quicken it knocked setting "off express web connect" and put on web connect and says to "improve connection"? then if I go to "update now" in upper right hand corner of that account it takes me straight to CITI's login age!!

[Merged Post]
This discussion has been closed.