Recording Rental Payment

Options
My tenant sends me one monthly check for Rent, Internet & Electricity. How do I record just the Rental component of that check in the "Rental Property" section while still being able to match the entire check in my bank register?
Tagged:

Answers

• Frankx
    Frankx SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Hi @""rick@"

It sounds like you do not have categories for "Internet" or "Electricity" setup in the rental property section of Quicken - is that correct?

If the above is correct, you are likely recording the payments you make for those two expenses in your personal Spending categories.  So, you should be recording a split transaction with the "Rent" portion of the check being recorded in the "Rental" tab while the reimbursements for internet and electricity should be posted to the category (or categories) that you use to record the payments to the internet and electricity providers.

Let me know if you have any followup questions.

Frankx

Quicken Home, Business & Rental Property - Windows 10-Home Version

- - - - Quicken User since 1984 - - - 
      -  If you find this reply helpful, please click "Helpful" (below), so others will know! Thank you.  -

This discussion has been closed.