Comenity Bank AAA Visa Card

Options

Comments

• lingojf
    lingojf Member ✭✭
    Options
    As an additional challenge today, I believe the comenity.net site is down. See https://isitup.org/comenity.net
  • Boatnmaniac
    Boatnmaniac SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2022
    Options
    hbondy said:
    Yes. I have this problem, too. And I found exactly what you show above, HOWEVER, it fails to find the account and reports an error when trying to link. It does ask for the proper credentials before it fails.
    What error code do you get?
    hbondy said:
    FWIW, I believe the correct url might be comenity.net/advantage. That is where I go to sign in to the site directly. I am guessing the AAA Preferred Rewards link above goes there
    The URL that is shown in Quicken for account setups should be considered as being for reference only.  The actually URL that Quicken uses to connect with a Financial Institution is often different from what is shown in Add Account.
    If the AAA Preferred Rewards link does not allow connection to this card I think you will need to contact Comenity and ask about the status.  It could be that the setup link with Quicken is simply not yet completed in which case it will be a waiting game.  It could also be that Comenity has decided for one reason or another to not get this credit card set up to support Quicken.  The only way to find this out is to ask Comentity.
    Suggestion:  If you contact Comenity and the Customer Service person cannot give you an answer or blames Quicken (that is a common tactic by 1st line Customer Service people who don't know anything about Quicken), ask to speak with a supervisor or with someone in their tech support who is involved with downloading account data.

(Quicken Classic Premier Subscription: R55.26 on Windows 11)

• PostProdGuy
    PostProdGuy Member ✭✭
    Options
    Same issue. Got set up at the AAA Travel Advantage card (Comenity) website; AAA Travel Advantage is not listed as a bank option in Quicken; using the AAA Preferred Rewards bank option (also Comenity) in Quicken does not work - caused Quicken to crash.
  • lcasso
    lcasso Member ✭✭
    Options
    Thanks for the AAA Preferred Rewards screen shot. I get the same result as hbondy- error message saying it is not my fault. There is no way to manually enter another url, as far as I know.
    Under tools, then account list, under the "Transaction Download?"column, it says "unavailable" for the AAA Travel Advantage Signature Preferred Rewards account.
    I don't think Comenity has Quicken availability (yet?).
  • hbondy
    hbondy Member
    Options
    Well, I think Comenity has plenty of quicken connectivity for many of their cards (not quite perfected from what I have read), but either they dont have a link for this new card and url, or Quicken has not yet built a url or link for that card specifically. You will note that when you go to start this process through Quicken, AAA is NOT listed as a choice if you put in the search COMENITY. But, If you put in the search of AAA, the AAA choice is available and in very fine print, it says comenity.net (nothing about the full URL. SO I dont know where to turn on this. I think it could be Quicken needing to add the specific URL or it could be Comenity needing to build it or connect the new AAA card to the existing "Preferred" card that is already built? I think you need to see the actual packet exchange to know where this is failing. The actual error does not include an error code - Just says Its not your fault. Quicken is having trouble connecting to "AAA Preferred"
  • DexterB
    DexterB Member ✭✭
    Options
    > @james_cramer_1 said:
    > If this issue is not resolved, Quicken is useless to me!

Sorry to hear this, James. We used Quicken just to track our standard bank accounts at first and the added our whopping credit cards. I don't think this is Quicken's fault. From what I have read about Comenity, I think this is their's.
  • Boatnmaniac
    Boatnmaniac SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Not all credit cards issued by Comenity are set up for download into Quicken.  But from what I read Comenity actually bought this AAA Travel Advantage card from BofA and they are not simply managing it.  So, I would be surprised if they do not set up up with Quicken at some point.
    I also checked the FIDIR.txt file (Financial Institutions Directory).  This file is what tells the Quicken software which financial institutions support Quicken and which connection services and types of accounts are set up for it.  There is no listing in that file for AAA Travel Advantage.
    Comenity needs to contract with Intuit and instruct them (not Quicken) to set up the connection so that Quicken can download from this credit card.  Maybe they have already done that but the process is not yet complete.  Or maybe they still need to do that.  That's why I suggested contacting Comenity and asking them about it.  It is more likely that they would know more about the status of getting this credit card set up with Quicken than would anyone on the Quicken Support team. 

(Quicken Classic Premier Subscription: R55.26 on Windows 11)

• hbondy
    hbondy Member
    Options
    Thats a great and clear answer, Boatnmaniac. Thank you. I will reach out to Comenity tomorrow and see what they have to say. Thanks to you, I have a better idea about what I am in for.
  • FJS2022
    FJS2022 Member ✭✭
    Options
    Same issue, same problem. Not sure if I will stay with AAA if this is not resolved soon. Comenity should have been better prepared for this change-over.
  • Tillamook
    Tillamook Member
    Options
    Having same problem trying to set up new account for the new AAA Travel Advantage Visa since Comenity took responsibility for the cards from BofA. I did make a small purchase today to test card. Because we track all of our expenses through Quicken I will wait to make any more purchases until the problem is fixed between Comenity Capital Bank and AAA. If it cannot be fixed I will just cancel the card. Not a good sign for either Comenity or AAA to have this kind of problem last more than a few days.
  • trnjmjk
    trnjmjk Member ✭✭
    edited October 2022
    Options
    Been ongoing since 10/11. Attached screen shot of error I've been getting.
  • DexterB
    DexterB Member ✭✭
    Options
    Hello Quicken Community - Have you received any update on this issue from either Comenity Bank or from AAA itself. This situation is critical now. Please post an update. Thank you!
  • lcasso
    lcasso Member ✭✭
    Options
    No further updates.
    I, too, will not use the card if Comenity does not provide Quicken downloads.
  • ajaphoto
    ajaphoto Member ✭✭
    Options
    Still the same here, looks like this is going to be a mess. Some of my transactions are showing up as Bread Trailing Activity. I've tried to set up alerts but only get an error message to try again. I tried to redeem my points, but the the statement credit redeem button is greyed out. The only option not greyed out is the redeem in the catalog.
  • JDT
    JDT Member ✭✭
    Options
    I'm having the same issue with AAA Travel Advantage Visa card issued by Comenity Bank. I tried the online biller "Comenity Direct" with no success. Just says wrong user or password. I've sent a message through my Comenity Account and also through AAA. I've used the BOA connection on the AAA sponsored card for many years so this is very frustrating.
  • JDT
    JDT Member ✭✭
    Options
    The previous connection for the AAA Travel Advantage Visa card was under the online biller name "AAA Member Rewards Visa Card" with the link "https://www.bankofamerica.com/credit-cards/products/aaa-visa-credit-card.go"
    This may need to be updated by AAA.
  • Judane451
    Judane451 Member
    Options
    Today is October 12 and I am having the same issue with the AAA Travel Advantage Credit Card. Comenity Bank could not help. They said to do a search in Quicker using AAA Travel Advantage as the the institution. That only brought up AAA Preferred Rewards.
  • JDT
    JDT Member ✭✭
    Options
    I have notified Angela B with AAA Online Member Services of the need for the online biller link to be updated. Not sure who actually maintains this.
  • hbondy
    hbondy Member
    Options
    JDT, if you have someone at AAA who might be able to usher this through, please provide their contact information for those in this group who are effected (I think thats all of us.) I to am stuck now having had something that worked reliably for years, to something that is clearly broken whose stakeholders have little to no skills or capacity to fix. This whole transition was poorly managed. Honestly, I did not even know why I got these cards last week. They just came without explanation then suddenly, my BofA account no longer showed my AAA card. A transition with no planning or forethought = chaos.
  • MCJo
    MCJo Member
    Options
    Same issues as everyone else. Unfortunately, I'm not surprised. When I saw it was Comenity that was acquiring the AAA card, I was concerned as I've had other Comenity products in the past and usually have issues. They seem to be a store card clearinghouse and not particularly interested in servicing the member cards. I don't believe it's a Chase issue as I've always had stellar service from them (over 30 years) and while Quicken does drop the ball occasionally, I'm still guessing the problem is with Comenity. That actual conversion of my existing card and registration with Comenity was full of problems as well, so this appears to be a continuation of the poor process and all on their side. Hopefully it gets resolved soon as it's a royal pain right now.
  • DexterB
    DexterB Member ✭✭
    Options
    I actually got signed in to my Comenity account this evening. I can see recent transactions (since last payment when it was with BoA). I could see my charges since then.
    The problem is that Quicken cannot connect to it. I get this message:
    So, in my opinion, BoA is out of the picture. AAA was approached by Comenity to do their credit card and they agreed. I'm going to try to call Comenity and my local AAA office tomorrow, to see if I can turn up the heat.
  • rvoli1
    rvoli1 Member ✭✭
    Options
    The latest incorrect answer from Comenity, received this morning, is below. This is after I already replied to the last incorrect message two days ago, explaining that it was incorrect:

I'm with Comenity Capital Bank, which handles your Visa account. This
    card is issued by Comenity Capital Bank pursuant to a license from Visa
    USA Inc. I'm here to help with your account needs.

Thank you for contacting us.

Follow these steps to add your AAA Visa Signature credit card account to
    Quicken:

1. Sign in to your Quicken account
    2. Select "Add Credit Card Account"
    3. When prompted to enter your bank name, enter the name of your AAA
    Visa Signature credit card account

Please note, the Quicken file extension .QFX is not supported in or by
    Account Center. Alternatively, you will be able to download Excel or
    Open Financial Exchange files.

If you have any questions, please click the reply button or call us at
    1-855-585-8852.
  • Lake_balboa_guy
    Options
    I have been having the same issues trying to have Quicken be setup for downloading transactions. I am also trying to confirm my email for alerts, etc. on comenity site but still haven't been able to because I still haven't received the email from them to confirm and then hit continue on their site. If this continues longer than this coming weekend, I will then decide not to use the card because it doesn't offer anything additional or better than other cards. If I can't download into Quicken then it is a useless card.
  • lingojf
    lingojf Member ✭✭
    Options
    Called Comenity customer service at 855-546-9552 on 10/13/2022 at approx.11:20 am. I called to inquire when the payment I made on 10/08/2022 would be applied. The first representative I spoke to said it would take 60 days. I found this so hard to believe, I called back and spoke with a different representative. This time the answer was, "...when the system returns to normal." I pressed for an estimate of when this is expected to happen, but no estimate was provided. Sounds bad...real bad. Did Bank of America sabotage this conversion or is Comenity really that incompetent?
  • Rick7
    Rick7 Member ✭✭
    Options
    > @Lake_balboa_guy said:
    > I have been having the same issues trying to have Quicken be setup for downloading transactions. I am also trying to confirm my email for alerts, etc. on comenity site but still haven't been able to because I still haven't received the email from them to confirm and then hit continue on their site. If this continues longer than this coming weekend, I will then decide not to use the card because it doesn't offer anything additional or better than other cards. If I can't download into Quicken then it is a useless card.

I agree, if the card doesn't work with Quicken it is useless.
    I also have not been able to confirm identity, no email from Comenity.
    I checked reviews of Comenity and they certainly are not good.
    I wonder who convinced AAA this was a good move?
  • Rick7
    Rick7 Member ✭✭
    Options
  • DexterB
    DexterB Member ✭✭
    Options
    I just requested to be transferred to advance support and spoke to a delightful gentleman. They are literally dealing with millions of cardholders in the US. This guy talked to his superior and told me that they are aware of this problem. They hope to get it corrected next week, but he will be calling me back tomorrow evening, regardless. If you have ever worked on a software/product helpline, you know what they are going thru.
    It's obvious that they were not prepared for this volume of calls & complaints. I work on a technical client helpline for 25 years. This guy was good! I'm willing to wait it out - for now. Your milage may vary.
  • mwmangus@
    mwmangus@ Member ✭✭
    Options
    Success! Just checked again in Quicken. The financial institution that worked is "AAA Advantage Via CC". It did download transactions back to July that I don't want but at least it is now working!
  • mwmangus@
    mwmangus@ Member ✭✭
    Options
    Edit my comment to read VISA (not Via)
    > @"mwmangus@cox.net" said:
    > Success! Just checked again in Quicken. The financial institution that worked is "AAA Advantage Via CC". It did download transactions back to July that I don't want but at least it is now working!
  • rmlockwood
    Options
    I was also successful just now using "AAA Advantage Visa CC" as the financial institution name. It only works with the "Add Account" step, but once the connection has been made you can then link to an existing account. I had set up a new account of the Comenity card as Quicken recommends against changing institutions on an existing account. The initial download went back to 7/15 but as I had transferred the balance over from the B of A AAA account I was able to delete the transactions from 7/15 up to the transition and then balanced the new account successfully. There were a couple of oddball small dollar transactions labeled "Bread Trailing Activity Columbus Oh" which I had to keep in the account as mystery transactions to blanace, but I can live with that.
This discussion has been closed.