Chase debit and credit flipped

TishO
TishO Member
the debits and credits have flipped after switching to the new Chase download process. did this happen to anyone else?

Comments

• volvogirl
    volvogirl SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Are they actually in the wrong column or is the Balance going the wrong way?  Like credit card charges are decreasing the balance.

Does the register use the 2 columns?  Or just the single amount column?  There are actually 3 columns...Payments, Deposit (or Charges & Payments) and Amount and then the Balance column.   Don't use the single Amount column.  Delete that column and just use the other 2 columns.

I'm staying on Quicken 2013 Premier for Windows.

• TishO
    TishO Member
    i've never had an amount column. I have a "charge" and a "payment" and a "balance" column. Used to be that when a payment was applied, I'd have a negative balance. Now my balance is just growing and growing. this is a new problem, was always right before.
  • TishO
    TishO Member
    the balance is going the wrong way. credit card charges are decreasing the balance.
  • volvogirl
    volvogirl SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Might be this......
    Sounds like you're running a credit balance. Is the balance in red or black? Look back through your transactions and maybe you'll spot one that was entered backward. Or a payment in the charge column or a charge in the payment column. Look around back where this first started happening.  Or maybe you are missing some charges? 

If the balance is in Black, it means you have a credit on the card.  Like if you overpaid the bill or got a refund for something you returned.   When you enter a charge it will reduce (decrease) the credit you have available on it.   And a payment will increase the balance.

Also make sure you have the right starting balance.  If it's zero you might need to add a beginning balance for when you started the account in Quicken. I've been reading the opening balance might have got changed during an update or when syncing.

The credit card balance you OWE should be in RED. If the balance is Black then it's showing the credit card company owes you and you have a credit balance. And then when you make a payment it's like the cc owes you more. So you need to go back though your entries and find where the balance switched to black to being in your favor.

See this for more info…..

I'm staying on Quicken 2013 Premier for Windows.

This discussion has been closed.