Vanguard - won't download detailed transactions to Quicken/Mac now

Options
BoilerOne
BoilerOne Member ✭✭
I changed my password on Vanguard over the weekend. When I went to update Quicken this morning, I lost all of my transaction details from Vanguard. I'm now getting a message saying that I have to manually enter transactions from Vanguard??????

How is this the case with a simple password change? Please advise steps to get detailed transaction info from Vanguard

Comments

• Quicken Jared
    Quicken Jared Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    BoilerOne said:
    I changed my password on Vanguard over the weekend. When I went to update Quicken this morning, I lost all of my transaction details from Vanguard. I'm now getting a message saying that I have to manually enter transactions from Vanguard??????

How is this the case with a simple password change? Please advise steps to get detailed transaction info from Vanguard
    Hello @BoilerOne,   

I am sorry to hear about this problem with missing tracking information after changing credentials. Thank you for discussing this with us here on the Quicken Community.

First, what 'instance' of Vanguard have you selected in order to link your accounts to online banking services? Also, what Connection Type are you making use of in order to connect your accounts to online banking services? You can check this by clicking one of the affected accounts in the Account List on the left-hand side of the Quicken panel and then navigating to the Settings menu denoted by the 'gear' icon in the lower right-hand corner of the screen. The Downloads tab in the window that appears should contain this information. 

I look forward to your answers. 

Thank you,

Quicken Jared 
  • BoilerOne
    BoilerOne Member ✭✭
    Options
    Hi Jared! I'm using "Quicken Connect" to download my balances and transactions with Vanguard. I don't understand your question asking "what instance" of Vanguard have I selected...
  • Quicken Jared
    Options
    BoilerOne said:
    Hi Jared! I'm using "Quicken Connect" to download my balances and transactions with Vanguard. I don't understand your question asking "what instance" of Vanguard have I selected...
    Hello @BoilerOne

Thanks so much for getting back to me with more information about what's happening. I do apologize for any confusion my question about instances my have caused; I will do my best to explain momentarily.

Typically, when you add an account in the Add Account window accessed through the button denoted by the '+' symbol in the upper left-hand side of the screen, you will be given a series of options in a list form when you begin typing the name of your financial institution in the window that appears. I see the options for Vanguard provided in the screenshot just below:

Does this look familiar, and do you remember what 'instance' you may have selected (the instance being the specific name you clicked on before hitting 'Continue')?

If you have the chance, it would help us to troubleshoot the situation if you could save a backup by going to File > Save a Backup... in the upper menu at the top of the screen while Quicken is open and then create a new 'test' data file by following the steps listed below:

1. Navigate to File
    2. Select New
    3. Select Start from scratch, click Next
    4. Choose appropriate default categories based on geographic location, click Next
    5. Choose Don't use Quicken Mobile & Web, click Next 

You may then add your Vanguard-affiliated accounts in the newly created data file by navigating to the Add Account button (+) and then choosing your instance/financial institution and entering your credentials as prompted. I am curious whether or not these issues continue in this data file. 

Hopefully that clarifies the issue, and I look forward to hearing about your results. 

Thank you,

Quicken Jared 
  • BoilerOne
    BoilerOne Member ✭✭
    Options
    OK, now I understand your question - In this case, I went to my Vanguard account within Quicken, clicked on the "gear" icon and selected "update log-in" since I changed my password and Quicken couldn't connect this morning. It then went to the screen above, defaulting to Vanguard. I input my login and new password, a new screen came up asking what type of connection, I selected Quicken Connect. A new screen popped up highlighting "simple transaction's". When I selected "Detailed Transactions" is when the original box popped up saying that Vanguard does not support downloading detailed transaction. Attached screen shots of both boxes that popped up.
  • BoilerOne
    BoilerOne Member ✭✭
    Options
    Jared, I found a back up copy from Sept. and used it to restore my accounts and transactions. It's used the Direct Connect connection and I'll continue to do the same. Thanks!
  • Quicken Jared
    Options
    BoilerOne said:
    Jared, I found a back up copy from Sept. and used it to restore my accounts and transactions. It's used the Direct Connect connection and I'll continue to do the same. Thanks!
    Hello @BoilerOne,  

I am glad to hear that you were able to locate a working backup and that restoring this seems to have resolved this issue. Thanks for checking back in with us to let us know how things turned out.

Feel free to reach out with any additional questions or concerns. 

Regards,

Quicken Jared 
This discussion has been closed.