Check not matched

Options
neilh20
neilh20 Member ✭✭
I've just "Updated Now" with the ExcahngeBank, and one item downloaded is a check, but it doesn't match with the check already in the register.
From the Downloaded Transactions I attempt to edit > manual match - it doesn't find it.
What should I do ?- seems accept it as a duplicate and then delete one of the entries ? but which one.

Comments

• UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    The problem is that the bank didn't download the check number in the appropriate field. And they didn't download a Payee Name "Check xxxx" either ... or did you blank this information out, leaving me in the dark? ...
    The next problem is that the register transaction already is marked "c"(cleared) in the Clr column, making this transaction unavailable for matching.
    When you originally saved the register transaction, or any time before downloading, did you manually mark the check transaction as cleared?
    Or did you use a Memorized Payee List entry which has a checkmark in the box "Mark as cleared" ... if so, edit the MPL entry and remove this checkmark.
This discussion has been closed.