Update Crash

Options
Morris1941
Morris1941 Member ✭✭
edited November 2022 in Investing (Windows)
When I update my BOA accounts my VISA account says it needs to be reset. When I click on the icon to reset it, Quicken crashes. Totally crashes. Can't even get out of it without using the Task Manger. See attached image.
Can anyone help?

Comments

• Quicken Jared
    Quicken Jared Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    When I update my BOA accounts my VISA account says it needs to be reset. When I click on the icon to reset it, Quicken crashes. Totally crashes. Can't even get out of it without using the Task Manger. See attached image.
    Can anyone help?

Hello @Morris1941,     

I am sorry to hear about this problem with crashing. Thank you for looking to the Quicken Community for assistance. 

Have you tried restarting your computer after this happens? You may additionally try uninstalling the Quicken software using the steps listed in this Support Article, then deleting Quicken from the Program Files (x86) folder. You may then reinstall the software after following those steps using the steps listed here. 

I hope to hear more about your results, if you have the chance to check back in with us about this. 

Thank you,

Quicken Jared 
  • Tom Young
    Tom Young SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I found this in response to a similar post:

This icon is usually due to a CC-800 error. This can happen if you have deactivated or deleted an account and then restored a Quicken backup file.

Here are the steps to resolve it;

First, deactivate the affected accounts:

1. Select Tools > Account List 
    2. If present, select the Show Hidden Accounts checkbox at the bottom of the Account List
    3. Select Edit on each account with this error and Deactivate them on the Online Services tab
    4. When finished, close the Account List.

Second, reactivate the accounts:

1. Select Tools > Add Account 
    2. Go through the process of re-adding the deactivated accounts to Quicken, providing the login credentials and answering any security questions, until you reach the screen where Quicken displays the Accounts Discovered at the financial institution
    3. Select to LINK each of the found accounts to the accounts you already have set up in Quicken. For accounts you don't want to link, select Don't add to Quicken. 

This discussion has been closed.