Latest update changed the Downloaded Transactions tab - for the worse

Options
Fletch200
Fletch200 Member ✭✭✭
FYI, I NEVER use one-step-update, I update accounts one-at-a-time.

On the Downloaded Transactions tab at the bottom of the register there USED to be a large button to initiate a download of transactions for an account. Right next to this button the date of the last download was displayed. As hard as I tried, I could never find anything wrong with that.

So, what genius decided it would be better to eliminate the date completely and change the download button to a tiny/faint/light grey icon on the far right?

Granted the date can still be determined as long as you don't mind sorting through ALL the download summaries that are available in another tiny icon.

Comments

• UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Did you miss the "Last download ..." information in the title line of the account register?

About the missing "Update Transactions" button in the Downloaded Transactions tab:
    Somebody from Quicken would have to comment on why they changed from a text button to an icon and why they chose light grey as the icon color (which usually indicates a disabled icon). I'm guessing that they did it to make more space available for data lines in the smallish tab area.
    Please note that the original method "Click Action gear icon in the register, select 'Update Now'" or the keyboard shortcut Ctrl-Alt-U are still available
  • Fletch200
    Fletch200 Member ✭✭✭
    Options
    YES! I TOTALLY missed that. Thanks for the pointer! Is that NEW or has it always displayed there AND in the transactions view?

Just need to train myself to now look in a different place. So the GUI experts decided "look here for the status" then "click over there" to update it. No need to have the update button AND the date it was last updated right next to each other. That's so 2000 !
  • Fletch200
    Fletch200 Member ✭✭✭
    edited October 2022
    Options
    ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh. I feel BETTER. I'm not BLIND. The last update date is NOT displayed in the NEW location at the TOP. UNTIL I run an update with this latest build. So at the moment, some accounts have a date displayed there, some do not. It will eventually work itself out.
  • Knitgirl
    Knitgirl Member ✭✭✭
    edited October 2022
    Options
    [Removed - Rant]
This discussion has been closed.