Changed online password One Step Update stopped working R43.32

Options
I changed online passwords for amex and etrade. I put the new passwords into Quicken but One Step Update no longer works

Answers

• Quicken Jared
    Quicken Jared Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I changed online passwords for amex and etrade. I put the new passwords into Quicken but One Step Update no longer works
    Hello @ColFrankFitz

I am sorry to hear about these problems with online banking services. Thank you for reaching out about this here on the Quicken Community. 

First, what seems to be happening when you try to update your accounts? Do you see any particular error codes? Are you simply missing transactions that should have been downloaded? Lastly, are you noticing any problems with accounts besides those associated with American Express or ETrade?

I look forward to your responses, and I hope to provide further recommendations once I know more about the situation. 

Thank you,

Quicken Jared 
  • lwhewett
    lwhewett Member
    Options
    I logged in to my online bank account and received a message to change my password. I changed the password as required. When I opened my Quicken account following the changing of my bank password I attempted to do a one step update. I was asked to put provide my password (as normal) and put in the new password. Then a Chambe Member Access Password Screen came up saying this institution requires that you change your Member Access Password the first time you connect. I put in the new password and all the requirements came up checked green except "Cannot be the same as your old one." I put in a new password and all requirements came up green but One Step Update Summary comes up with message OL-301-A Quicken is unable to update your accounts.... Ideas on what to do to correct this???
  • Quicken Jared
    Quicken Jared Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    lwhewett said:
    I logged in to my online bank account and received a message to change my password. I changed the password as required. When I opened my Quicken account following the changing of my bank password I attempted to do a one step update. I was asked to put provide my password (as normal) and put in the new password. Then a Chambe Member Access Password Screen came up saying this institution requires that you change your Member Access Password the first time you connect. I put in the new password and all the requirements came up checked green except "Cannot be the same as your old one." I put in a new password and all requirements came up green but One Step Update Summary comes up with message OL-301-A Quicken is unable to update your accounts.... Ideas on what to do to correct this???
    Hello @lwhewett,  

I am sorry about this problem with online banking services continuing. Thank you for following up with me about this here on the Quicken Community. 

What accounts seem to be affected by this OL-301-A error message, and what financial institutions are associated? You may want to view the Support Article linked here for additional information about dealing with error messages of this kind.

I hope that is helpful. 

Thank you,

Quicken Jared 
This discussion has been closed.