'BankOfAmerica - All Other States' Password Vault entry removed

Options
I just upgraded to R44.25. I access Quicken literally every day.

Today (and maybe yesterday) I noticed that no transactions for BofA had been downloaded. I logged into their web page and confirmed that some non-pending transactions should have been downloaded.

I looked at the Quicken Vault and noticed that there was no longer a stored password. I tried entering my current password and got a message that 'BofA - All Other States' could not use the password I entered'.

I have not changed anything on the BofA side. My BofA password works on their web site. The web site does not tell me to change my password. I have no email from BofA telling me to change my password.

I am unsure whether this is a BofA problem or a Quicken problem. I am reluctant to go ahead and change the BofA password without a clear explanation what is going on.

Comments

• Quicken Jared
    Quicken Jared Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I just upgraded to R44.25. I access Quicken literally every day.

Today (and maybe yesterday) I noticed that no transactions for BofA had been downloaded. I logged into their web page and confirmed that some non-pending transactions should have been downloaded.

I looked at the Quicken Vault and noticed that there was no longer a stored password. I tried entering my current password and got a message that 'BofA - All Other States' could not use the password I entered'.

I have not changed anything on the BofA side. My BofA password works on their web site. The web site does not tell me to change my password. I have no email from BofA telling me to change my password.

I am unsure whether this is a BofA problem or a Quicken problem. I am reluctant to go ahead and change the BofA password without a clear explanation what is going on.
    Hello @davidinangelfire,          

I am sorry to hear about these issues with passwords and online banking services. Thank you for looking to the Quicken Community for further information. 

First, have you already changed your Bank of America account connection method by using the steps listed here? Be sure to look to the section entitled Quicken for Windows: how do I switch my Bank of America accounts to the new connection method?

I look forward to your response, and I hope to discuss this with you, further. 

Thank you,

Quicken Jared 
  • davidinangelfire
    Options
    Hi @quicken jared. No, I have/had not converted. I did see an email from 8/30 in my archives saying the change was coming but I don't recall seeing any followup notifications. I will do it today.
  • davidinangelfire
    Options
    OK

I took a backup.

I converted my BofA to EWC+. I am not sure exactly what options I may have chosen but probably asked it to download the last 90 days

Both Checking and Visa were seriously skewed. But I did notice that the 'opening balance' for both accounts was a negative number.

For Visa, I set the opening balance back to $0. That got me closer. I also deleted all the 'new' downloaded transactions and accepted 1 'matched' transaction. (I don't understand why Quicken chose to categorize all the old transactions as 'new' when there were reconciled entries). I had a net difference of about $68 which were 5 recent transactions that actually were 'new' and i probably deleted them from the downloaded transactions by mistake. My current balance matches the online web page.

For checking, I also re-set the opening balance to $0 and am pretty close.
  • Quicken Jared
    Options
    OK

I took a backup.

I converted my BofA to EWC+. I am not sure exactly what options I may have chosen but probably asked it to download the last 90 days

Both Checking and Visa were seriously skewed. But I did notice that the 'opening balance' for both accounts was a negative number.

For Visa, I set the opening balance back to $0. That got me closer. I also deleted all the 'new' downloaded transactions and accepted 1 'matched' transaction. (I don't understand why Quicken chose to categorize all the old transactions as 'new' when there were reconciled entries). I had a net difference of about $68 which were 5 recent transactions that actually were 'new' and i probably deleted them from the downloaded transactions by mistake. My current balance matches the online web page.

For checking, I also re-set the opening balance to $0 and am pretty close.
    Hello @davidinangelfire,           

Thanks so much for getting back to me with more updates about is currently taking place, and for answering my earlier questions. 

Just so I am clear: are you now able to update your accounts without being prompted for credentials? Let us know if you are noticing any changes in amounts of the transactions in the register. I am glad that you were able to make progress by adjusting the Opening Balance.

I hope this has been helpful, and thanks again for getting back to me about this. Feel free to reach out with any additional questions or concerns. 

Thank you,

Quicken Jared 
  • davidinangelfire
    Options
    I only did one "one step update" previously but went back. I was not prompted for any passwords.

I tend to pre-enter my checking transactions and those showed up as 'matched' in the download after the upgrade . Aside from one known pending transaction, I am in sync. I just have to delete a lot of 'new' transactions that were downloaded.

It was really the changed 'opening balance' that caused some initial heartburn.
  • Quicken Jared
    Options
    I only did one "one step update" previously but went back. I was not prompted for any passwords.

I tend to pre-enter my checking transactions and those showed up as 'matched' in the download after the upgrade . Aside from one known pending transaction, I am in sync. I just have to delete a lot of 'new' transactions that were downloaded.

It was really the changed 'opening balance' that caused some initial heartburn.
    Hello @davidinangelfire,     

I am happy to hear that online connections seem to be functioning as expected. Thank you for getting back to me and letting me know how things turned out. I do apologize about these difficulties with the Opening Balance

Feel free to reach out again anytime with any other questions or concerns. 

Thank you,

Quicken Jared 
This discussion has been closed.