Import QFX data cancel button failure

Options
If I make a mistake, I am faced with "Do I wish to create a new account or add this QFX data to an existing account?". (Because my "dummy file" does not even have bank information or an account number.)

There is a "Cancel" button right there, but when I hit it, the dialog box disappears for 1/4 second and then comes back again. Kind of "stuck". Alt F4 does not work, but Task Manager "kill this Quicken task" works ok of course. Quite funny.

Stuck on R39.23 since I cannot stand the new requirement of entering my Quicken account user id and password every time I start Quicken.

[Removed - Disruptive]

Comments

• Quicken Jared
    Quicken Jared Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    M McCants said:
    If I make a mistake, I am faced with "Do I wish to create a new account or add this QFX data to an existing account?". (Because my "dummy file" does not even have bank information or an account number.)

There is a "Cancel" button right there, but when I hit it, the dialog box disappears for 1/4 second and then comes back again. Kind of "stuck". Alt F4 does not work, but Task Manager "kill this Quicken task" works ok of course. Quite funny.

Stuck on R39.23 since I cannot stand the new requirement of entering my Quicken account user id and password every time I start Quicken.

[Removed - Disruptive]
    Hello @M McCants,       

I am sorry to hear about these problems with strange delays after trying to cancel certain QFX importation procedures, and with freezing. Thank you for speaking to us about this here on the Quicken Community.

First, was the 'dummy file' you mentioned a sort of test file where you noticed this issue occurring? If so, have you noticed this across data files? Also, have you tried restarting your computer after this happens? You may additionally try uninstalling the Quicken software using the steps listed in this Support Article, then deleting Quicken from the Program Files (x86) folder. You may then reinstall the software after following those steps using the steps listed here. 

I look forward to hearing about your results. 

Thank you,

Quicken Jared 
  • M McCants
    M McCants Member
    Options
    The "dummy file" is used as a template for creating new Quicken files with the correct categories and rename rules. Your guess was correct. A regular valid Quicken file with a QFX file that has the correct bank name but wrong account number does not have a problem with the Cancel button. Sorry to bother you.
This discussion has been closed.