PenFed Credit Union sync issue

Options
Brian83
Brian83 Member ✭✭
This afternoon I logged into quicken as I normally do and did the one step update. Normally, this goes through with no issue but I get a prompt for my username/password. I toyed these in and the software acts like my credentials are incorrect. This is not the case because I can log in just fine on Safari. I've included a screenshot of the error I received. I even tried resetting the online connection, thinking something somehow became corrupted.

Comments

• Quicken Jared
    Quicken Jared Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2022
    Options
    Brian83 said:
    This afternoon I logged into quicken as I normally do and did the one step update. Normally, this goes through with no issue but I get a prompt for my username/password. I toyed these in and the software acts like my credentials are incorrect. This is not the case because I can log in just fine on Safari. I've included a screenshot of the error I received. I even tried resetting the online connection, thinking something somehow became corrupted.
    Hello @Brian83,   

I do apologize about this sync error affecting you. Thank you for talking with us about this here on the Quicken Community.

Are you also receiving any other error messages in association with this account? Note that there is currently an Open Alert regarding Pentagon Federal Credit Union and connectivity errors, linked here.

Additionally, are you making use of any Virtual Private Networks (VPNs), new antivirus software, pop-up blockers, or firewall settings? If so, it may be necessary to remove these in order to troubleshoot this issue further, as these items can occasionally cause problems with connectivity that result in these kinds of errors.

Lastly, where is your current active data file located? You can check this anytime by navigating to File > Show this file on my computer... in the upper menu at the top of the screen. Make sure that the data file is located on your computer.

I look forward to your response, and I hope this is helpful. 

Thank you,

Quicken Jared 
  • Brian83
    Brian83 Member ✭✭
    Options
    Thank you for replying to me. The data file is indeed located on my Mac with my backups going to my secondary HD. There are no other error messages currently. I use Bitdefender as my A/V, nothing has changed regarding settings. I do not use the VPN and no pop-up blockers. Between the time the accounts with PenFed were syncing to when they stopped working, absolutely nothing has changed. The software syncs my Bank of America accounts just fine. I also track my partner's finances on another machine in the household, that one being a Windows 11 PC with Quicken. He banks with Capital One and those sync perfectly with the same A/V software. Im thinking that I might fall under the existing PenFed issue since my other accounts sync with no issues?? Its weird I just started encountering this issue yesterday out of the blue.
  • Brian83
    Brian83 Member ✭✭
    Options
    One other thing, I did notice my error is FDP-8400 and that one is not mentioned in the ongoing thread.
  • Julie C.
    Julie C. Member
    Options
    I am having this same problem with the same error code of FDP-8400.
  • cwc
    cwc Member ✭✭
    Options
    My Quicken can no longer sync with PenFed. Pentagon Federal Credit Union has a notice in its downloading transaction history knowledge base that "For your security, PenFed does not encourage using financial planning apps that use screen-scraping techniques to collect account information." PFCU only provides instructions for using PenFed Online to upload transactions to Quicken (and others).
This discussion has been closed.