I can't reconcile my accounts any more.

Options
MJ4
MJ4 Member
I use Quicken, but I hand enter and split-transact all my transactions and never connect to my banks. My membership expired in Dec. of '21, and I have had no problems until last month when one account could not be reconciled and now a second one won't allow reconciliation. My uncleared transactions do not show up for me to clear them. The second account shows three transactions only. Any suggestions?

Answers

• Mark1104
    Mark1104 Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    1) go back to the last month that Quicken reconciled with the Bank.
    2) then trace EACH BANK transaction AFTER that date to the QUicken transaction.
    3) you should find the transaction in Quicken that does not match the Bank
  • MJ4
    MJ4 Member
    Options
    All reconciling takes place by me by hand. I DO NOT connect via internet to my bank. I read the bank statement and click clear for each transaction as appropriate.
  • MJ4
    MJ4 Member
    Options
    The transactions that I hand-enter into my quicken account are no longer showing up when I attempt to reconcile my account by hand.
  • allend1290
    Options
    Has quicken changed its reconciling package. It will not let me move from the type of reconciliation Web vs statement. It also will not let me complete or exit a reconciliation once started. Trying to talk or leave a question with support is futile.
  • jacobs
    jacobs SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    Options
    @allend1290 I'm not sure why you're finding it futile to talk to Quicken Support; they should be able to do a screen share to see what you're experiencing and help you get past a problem. Also, I don't think they've changed anything with reconciliation in quite a while. But let's see if we can get you over the hump here… If you want to change the type of reconciliation (online balance versus statement balance), and you're on the full reconcile screen, click the Back button on the upper right.

You say it will not let you complete or exit a reconciliation. Do you see the Finish Later and Finish buttons on the upper right? What happens when you click one of those buttons? 
    Quicken Mac Subscription • Quicken user since 1993
This discussion has been closed.