Quicken R44.27 no realtime quotes

Options
Cliff_7point62
Cliff_7point62 Member ✭✭
edited November 2022 in Investing (Windows)
Quicken updated to R44.27 this morning and I followed the directions to activate realtime quotes. I got as far as Edit>Preferences>Investments and found that was no checkbox or mention of Realtime Quotes. I am using Quicken Deluxe for Windows.

Comments

• bmciance
    bmciance SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    It only is supposed to work for Premier and up. I say "supposed" because I don't know that it works at all per other posts on the subject
  • JStacks
    JStacks Member
    Options
    I have the latest .27 update and have Premier and real-time quotes still doesn't work for me. Set mine up as the snapshot showed and nada. One more update time???
  • Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options
     Frankly if wasn’t for the fact the comment at the bottom of the Portfolio view that says “the quotes are delayed by 20 minutes” goes away when realtime quotes are selected I wouldn’t really know if it was accurate or not.

I doubt you could really compare the value to what you see at your brokers and the exact same quote.
    Some people are claiming that the quotes are only about a minute faster than the delayed ones.
    Signature:
    This is my website: http://www.quicknperlwiz.com/
  • bmciance
    bmciance SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Chris_QPW said:
     Frankly if wasn’t for the fact the comment at the bottom of the Portfolio view that says “the quotes are delayed by 20 minutes” goes away when realtime quotes are selected I wouldn’t really know if it was accurate or not.

I doubt you could really compare the value to what you see at your brokers and the exact same quote.
    Some people are claiming that the quotes are only about a minute faster than the delayed ones.
    I agree.  I really don't know why anyone needs "real time" quotes in Quicken.  Just go to your broker's website.  By the time you download the quotes and look at them they are already at least several minutes old (apparently maybe older than that).
  • Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    @bmciance I agree I can’t see what good they are, there isn’t any way they can be used for an actual trade.
    And if the faster they prices are moving the less value they are.  If one is concerned about jumping on something where the difference between 20 minutes and now matters, they are using the wrong tool.
    Signature:
    This is my website: http://www.quicknperlwiz.com/
  • Jon Reinhardt
    Jon Reinhardt Member ✭✭✭
    Options
    The point is that Realtime Quotes should be realtime or they should state that they are delayed by x minutes. I use premier and can not tell much difference from 20 min delayed quotes.
This discussion has been closed.