Mission Square issues - formerly as ICMA Retirement Corp [edit]

Options
rolanddawson2500
rolanddawson2500 Member ✭✭✭✭
ICMARC (now Mission Square) recently "upgraded" their web site. I can no longer get downloads, it says Quicken can not verify the site. Anyone else having this problem? They have the option to do either a QIF or OFX download, but both give a Quicken failure, although the OFX download will directly boot quicken from my computer. I spent about an 1.5 hour on hold with ICMARC, then had to give up to go eat. My basic question, has anybody on here been able to download transaction from their web site, and if so, how? 

Comments

• Ps56k2
    Ps56k2 SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I'm not finding anything with the name - Mission Square - but still have 2 entries that look like for ICMARC
    looks like one is for IRA and one is for Investments...
    Which one are you using for your Quicken Account ?
    11055    11055    11055    ICMA Retirement Corporation    https://accountaccess.icmarc.org   
    1-800-669-7400 https://accountaccess.icmarc.org    ACTIVE        
    401K&WEB-CONNECT

05353    05353    05353    ICMA-RC IRA    http://www.icmarc.org   
    1-800-669-7400    http://www.icmarc.org    ACTIVE        
    INVESTMENT&WEB-CONNECT        
    INVESTMENT&EXP-WEB-CONNECT  

QWin - R54.16 - Win10

• Rdhenery9382
    Rdhenery9382 Member ✭✭
    Options
    I'm experiencing the same issues.
  • Ps56k2
    Ps56k2 SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Are you using the 401k or the normal Investment entry ? 

QWin - R54.16 - Win10

• rolanddawson2500
    Options
    missionsq.org.
  • rolanddawson2500
    Options
    When I log into the new site at https://www.missionsq.org/ , it gives me option to download at QIF, OFX, or CSV files. When I download, both the QIF and OFX say Quicken does not recognize the financial institution, even though I have used it for many years, just a new website for the company.
  • rolanddawson2500
    Options
    OK making some progress. Can now log into site, and apparently Quicken can see it. Error message is now Quicken canot open when a dialog box is open. Since I have to go through the 2 factor ID, what does that mean? 
  • Ps56k2
    Ps56k2 SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    When I log into the new site at https://www.missionsq.org/ , it gives me option to download at QIF, OFX, or CSV files. When I download, both the QIF and OFX say Quicken does not recognize the financial institution. 
    Quicken has a config file that lists ALL the institutions that have contracted with Quicken for download support.  The two I listed above are the only entries I can find - this is also the list used for the “Add Account” lookup. There is no Mission Square entry within Quicken. 

QWin - R54.16 - Win10

• rolanddawson2500
    Options
    I was on hold yesterday for an 1.5 hours waiting for TD (Mission Square, not Q). Never did get ahold of anybody who could help. I was finally able to download, using QIF feature, but since they used different rounding, and changed the name of at least 1 fund it has turned into a real mess. Very frustrating. Reminds me of the Schwab mess a year or so ago when it would not download transactions for several weeks. Afraid the same thing going to happen here. Uggg. I give up for today.
  • Dan Gilmartin
    Dan Gilmartin Member ✭✭
    Options
    I have the same issue. I contacted Quicken 10/14/2022 regarding the issue on the phone. It was breathtaking how little knowledge the support agent had with such issues. As I see it, there are two possible reasons for this problem. Either Quicken has to add Missionsquare to their list of approved financial institutions, (they are not currently listed) OR the new Missionsquare website is creating bad data. I contacted my Missionsquare rep and explained the issue. He responded quickly and told me he would forward my concerns to the Missionsquare tech people. The Quicken agent also suggested that Missionsquare be notified and they can work it out with Quicken. I suggest you contact your Missionsquare rep and advise them of the issue, and request they forward your concerns. The squeaky wheel gets the grease. The more the sooner it's resolved.
  • rolanddawson2500
    Options
    Dan, can you get a balance against your 9/30 Statement? I can't (Yet) still working on it. They also changed the names of some of the funds, which means have to "Sell" and "Buy" back (on paper of course) to line up, but don't want to take the time to do this till I know the numbers are accurate. My complication is partly that they funded contributions to my RMD by sales on the 14th. Right now, they have different share amounts on 10/14 than I show after making the sales to fund RMD.

I can get it to download with the "QIF" format, but if you don't limit days, you get all kinds of duplicate transactions. It no longer clears past transactions (in Q).

Right now, I would like to simply get it to balance. Their rounding is part of the problem, have to back into values. 

Frankly, I like the old site better!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! GRRRRR!!!!!!!!!!!
  • rolanddawson2500
    Options
    If you are having this problem, contact your MissionSquare Rep. It appears to be their web site. If you have a good workaround, please post. Thanks.
  • Ps56k2
    Ps56k2 SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Dan Gilmartin said:  As I see it, there are two possible reasons for this problem. Either Quicken has to add Missionsquare to their list of approved financial institutions, (they are not currently listed) OR the new Missionsquare website is creating bad data.
    and BOTH areas are the responsibility of the Mission Square group - of either updating their contractural agreement with Quicken for downloading (Web Connect) support - or just fixing things on their end...

QWin - R54.16 - Win10

• Dan Gilmartin
    Dan Gilmartin Member ✭✭
    Options
    It is up to Missionsquare to put the pressure on with Quicken to resolve this. I suspect we are not a high priority. I use quicken almost daily for my regular banking and check daily to see if Missionsquare is on the list of financial institutions. So far, nothing.
  • Ps56k2
    Ps56k2 SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Dan Gilmartin said: It is up to Missionsquare to put the pressure on Quicken to resolve this.
    read my above message...

QWin - R54.16 - Win10

• rolanddawson2500
    Options
    I finally got a balance. Their new site did not show the transaction for withholding, you have to back into it.

They dropped my FIT completely, and the state detail is not shown. What a mess, not the way to launch an "improved" web site.
  • drexmac
    drexmac Unconfirmed, Member
    Options
    Mission Square didn't eat update the website. They informed no one beforehand. I was locked out of my account for a whole weekend thinking that I was hacked. On hold for 4 hours one day two hours another day. I have no access to my money. Online withdrawal is no longer work. If I want any of my money, then I have to fill out a form, fax it back, then wait for it to be processed, then pay a $30 expedite fee if I want the check delivered overnight. Quicken? Don't even get me started. Mission Square really screwed things up. What's worse, they don't seem to care. They are sending no messages to any customers notifying them of any updates.
  • rolanddawson2500
    Options
    I can't tell if everyone is having problems, or just a select few of us. I am quite concerned that they do not show how the liquated shares to make witholding. I could back into it, but it is a lot of work. And as noted above, they did not withhold my Oct FIT, a major issue for me.
  • caseywillis
    Options
    My issue is a bit different but just as much run around as the above statements: I have tried to contact Mission Square Retirement at all their phone numbers, waited on hold, sent emails, requested numerous call backs, and have repeatedly contacted social media channels. No response whatsoever. I have logged over 32 (and counting) documented hours since October 12th trying to find closure to this completely unacceptable situation. For over 2 weeks, Mission Square has been completely unresponsive to money that is missing. On October 10th, 2022, I contacted Mission Square to make an immediate withdrawal of funds. I initiated the transaction over 2 weeks ago to ensure this would be deposited in my account in a timely manner. On October 12th, I received an automated email confirmation that the transaction was complete and deposited into my bank account. Mission Square has stated that they are currently going through transitions with their "system", yet there has been ample time and methods of communication to resolve this time sensitive matter. I should not have to bear the financial cost of the inefficiencies of a new system. While I am no attorney, I am aware that this money has been missing for over 12 business days and Mission Square has made no attempt to fix this issue. It is completely unreasonable to expect a customer to wait over 5 hours (27 documented hours combined on hold at present) to gain access to the whereabouts of funds. I am currently filing complaints with BBB, SEC, FINRA and the applicable banking regulators. I have confirmed with my banking institution that there has been no transaction, pending or otherwise to my account. I have repeatedly requested they reverse the transaction and overnight a check immediately, yet no one responds and when I finally get a customer service person on the line, they state that a manager will be calling me back immediately to resolve this....yet, no one responds and I end up calling back the very next day to the same routine.
  • rolanddawson2500
    Options
    My FA contact at MS is working with me, and has been VERY HELPFUL. If you have one assigned, suggest you contact him/her or local rep. He has just emailed me that they supposedly have the Quicken issue resolved, I will post later after I have a chance to actually try it. They have a lot of work to do on their web site.
  • rolanddawson2500
    Options
    The Q "Fix" by MS does not work, it does move net transactions, but does not transfer prices or gross transactions.
This discussion has been closed.