Bill Reminders for 2-week intervals are unstable. How to fix?

Options
I have a bill reminder "A" set to repeat every 2 weeks. When I open Quicken, the next A reminder should be, for example, Oct 18, but instead it is for Nov 1, two weeks later. The following A reminders are spaced two weeks apart.

I edit the A reminder for current and all future instances, setting it to Oct 18 repeating every 2 weeks, and everything looks OK. I enter the Oct 18 reminder into the register for payment. That reminder disappears, as it should, and the next A reminder is for Nov 1, with others spaced 2 weeks apart into the future. Everything still looks OK.

The next time I open Quicken, the first A reminder no longer is Nov 1, but is Nov 15, with future reminders spaced two weeks apart. Note: I have not passed the reminder date, it is still in the future, but what should be the next reminder date has disappeared.

I don't have this problem with any other reminders with intervals of one month or more, just the one set for every 2 weeks. Have others seen this problem? Is it known to Quicken? Is there a way to fix it?
Tagged:

Answers

• msmith99usa
    msmith99usa Member ✭✭✭
    Options
    I had this problem a while ago. My memory is bit fuzzy, but I believe had to delete the entire series of bill reminders, backup and close Q, wait, then restart Q and enter the bill reminders as a new bill series. I discontinued paying bills through Q in mid-2021 because the weekly "fixes" were getting to consume just too much time. Thus I do not know if this will address your problem if you pay bills through Q. If  you pay bills through Q, you may also need to delete the billing series, then delete the Biller entirely, restart Q and then renter the Biller and then add the desired billing schedule for the Biller. Never a dull moment :-)
  • UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    clamage45 said:
    I have a bill reminder "A" set to repeat every 2 weeks. ...
    I don't have this problem with any other reminders with intervals of one month or more, just the one set for every 2 weeks. Have others seen this problem? Is it known to Quicken? Is there a way to fix it?
    Are these reminders linked to Online Billers or are they "regular" aka manual reminders?
    What is the setting of [xx] in "Remind me [xx] days in advance"? Or do you use "Auto enter [xx] days ..."?

• msmith99usa
    msmith99usa Member ✭✭✭
    Options
    Hello. These reminder entries are NOT lined to a Q Biller - I gave up using Q for Bill paying in mid-2021. So I guess using your terms they would be manual reminders. In the Optional Setting section, I set the entry to "21" for the "Remind me [xx] days in advance" line, and I do NOT check the box to "Automatically enter the transaction in the register." I prefer to explicitly review and agree with each registry entry... hope this helps
  • UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Hello. These reminder entries are NOT lined to a Q Biller - I gave up using Q for Bill paying in mid-2021. So I guess using your terms they would be manual reminders. In the Optional Setting section, I set the entry to "21" for the "Remind me [xx] days in advance" line, and I do NOT check the box to "Automatically enter the transaction in the register." I prefer to explicitly review and agree with each registry entry... hope this helps
    "21" is greater than the interval, 14 days.
    A few months ago there appears to have been a program change which causes problems when the [xx] days in advance is more than the interval duration. There were lots of discussion about skipped reminder intervals in the Community at that time.
    Try setting these reminders' [xx] value to something less than 14 days.

This discussion has been closed.