ScotiaBank Quicken

Options
CAN-User
CAN-User Member
Hi,
I am having a similar issue to one I see reported by others, a scotiabank checking account and one credit card account, both in Canadian Dollars, are showing in Quicken as US$; I am unable to change the currency and this is messing up reports...

Comments

• Arctic Hare
    Arctic Hare SuperUser ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    When this happens it is because the financial institution has provided an incorrect <CUR DEF> in the transaction data. Quicken needs to report this to the FI so that the FI (Scotia) can fix the <CUR DEF> in the downloaded transaction data.
  • grimmt1957
    grimmt1957 Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    This is now a long standing issue with Scotiabank.
    Express Web Connect (EWC) does not work for Scotiabank it will always change chequing accounts to USD currency. Do not use Express Web Connect with Scotiabank until a fix is released.

An Alert has been created for this. However, I'm having difficulty finding it now.

Web Connect (i.e. download and import a QFX file for your account) files have <CUR_DEF> set correctly and will create an account properly with CAD currency. You will need to allow Quicken to create a new account by importing the QFX file and then _only_ use Web Connect (download QFX files) from then on. If you don't have too much transaction data, just backup and then create a new account using Web Connect (QFX file import). If you have lots of transaction data with category data you don't want to lose, you will need to copy the transactions over from the old account to the new account and then update any inter-account transfers - this could be time consuming if you have many years of data.

Since the QFX files are correct, I would expect that EWC would also be receiving the correct currency info from Scotiabank and therefore the problem is likely on Quicken/Intuit's side But, that's a bit of a guess, perhaps Scotiabank doesn't leverage existing code.
  • Quicken Jared
    Quicken Jared Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    This is now a long standing issue with Scotiabank.
    Express Web Connect (EWC) does not work for Scotiabank it will always change chequing accounts to USD currency. Do not use Express Web Connect with Scotiabank until a fix is released.

An Alert has been created for this. However, I'm having difficulty finding it now.

Web Connect (i.e. download and import a QFX file for your account) files have <CUR_DEF> set correctly and will create an account properly with CAD currency. You will need to allow Quicken to create a new account by importing the QFX file and then _only_ use Web Connect (download QFX files) from then on. If you don't have too much transaction data, just backup and then create a new account using Web Connect (QFX file import). If you have lots of transaction data with category data you don't want to lose, you will need to copy the transactions over from the old account to the new account and then update any inter-account transfers - this could be time consuming if you have many years of data.

Since the QFX files are correct, I would expect that EWC would also be receiving the correct currency info from Scotiabank and therefore the problem is likely on Quicken/Intuit's side But, that's a bit of a guess, perhaps Scotiabank doesn't leverage existing code.
    Hello @grimmt1957,        

I am sorry about this ongoing problem, and thank you for providing input about this issue.

I believe the Open Alert you are referencing can be found here. Any additional information and all future updates will be provided there, as well. 

Let us know if you have any further comments or suggestions, and hopefully that is helpful. 

Thank you,

Quicken Jared 
  • sjfwhite
    sjfwhite Member
    Options
    This is terribly frustrating. I ran into this problem a year ago when I last tried to use web connect and had to revert back. I would have thought it was fixed by now but discovered this morning that it is not. Will monitor the open alert thread but very disappointing!
This discussion has been closed.