I am having difficulty accessing my Bank of America accounts to do updates and or account operations

Options
dortmeyer
dortmeyer Member ✭✭
Update summary hangs

Answers

• Boatnmaniac
    Boatnmaniac SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Have you already completed the reauthorization BOA is requiring to replace Direct Connect (DC) and Express Web Connect (EWC) with Express Web Connect+ (EWC+)?
    If BOA notified you that you need to do this and you have not already done so then that might be the reason why you are not able to update your BOA accounts....because BOA is blocking your connection.  The only way to fix this is to complete the reauthorization process and get EWC+ set up.
    If you have already reauthorized BOA for EWC+ and if you previously were connected with DC, then you should know that EWC+ connections (like EWC connections) are much slower to complete than DC connections are.  For instance, I have 6 DC connections with various financial institutions and 7 EWC+/EWC connections with other financial institutions.  The 6 DC connections will usually all complete the process in about 10-20 seconds but the 7 EWC+/EWC connections will usually all complete in 1.5-2.5 minutes.
    And it might just be that when you tried connecting there was some issue with the update process.  Have you tried to update again to see if it completes properly?

(Quicken Classic Premier Subscription: R55.15 on Windows 11)

• dortmeyer
    dortmeyer Member ✭✭
    Options
    I am using EWC+ on the accounts. Perhaps I am just impatient and when I see the update bar not advancing I interrupt and close the update.
  • dortmeyer
    dortmeyer Member ✭✭
    Options
    My chase account is the same way..update is so slow..it appears to hang
  • UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    dortmeyer said:
    I am using EWC+ on the accounts. Perhaps I am just impatient and when I see the update bar not advancing I interrupt and close the update.
    Define "impatient"? Milliseconds? Minutes? Hours?
    My usual One Step Update with a number of small accounts (by number of transactions) takes between 1 and 2 minutes, but for larger accounts with many transactions someone reported it took several hours to complete for the first time they ran it. Got faster afterwards.
    Killing Quicken during OSU may make matters worse. A data file that does not get closed properly is subject to structural damage. Repeated kills or crashes make matters worse. Restoring from a backup taken before the problem first appeared might help.
  • dortmeyer
    dortmeyer Member ✭✭
    Options
    OK.. thank you
This discussion has been closed.