Chase Credit Card Accounts Are Auto-Reconciling Downloaded Transactions

Options
lurch177
lurch177 Member ✭✭
I have two Chase credit card accounts that appear to be auto-reconciling transactions when they are downloaded.

Reconcile using online balance is set for these accounts. I checked to see if auto-reconcile was set for these accounts (using instructions at https://help.quicken.com/display/WIN/Turning+on+auto+reconcile), but I don't see the auto-reconcile check box in this menu. I have several other banking accounts (checking, savings, credit card) that are setup the same way and are behaving normally, that is I have to reconcile the accounts to their online balance manually.

Not sure why the Chase accounts are behaving this way. Running Quicken R44.27.

Comments

• UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    There's another place where this is controlled:
    Go into Edit Account Details, Online Services tab.
    Remove the checkmark at "Reconcile using online balance" and click OK.
    The next time you start a manual Reconcile, be sure to select "Reconcile to Paper statement" and fill out the fields.
  • lurch177
    lurch177 Member ✭✭
    Options
    > @UKR said:
    > There's another place where this is controlled:
    > Go into Edit Account Details, Online Services tab.
    > Remove the checkmark at "Reconcile using online balance" and click OK.The next time you start a manual Reconcile, be sure to select "Reconcile to Paper statement" and fill out the fields.

Thanks, but that change doesn't exactly do it. I tested what you suggest, deselecting "Reconcile using online balance" does stop downloaded transactions from auto-reconciling, but that's not what I want to do.

All of my banking accounts are set up in the Online Services tab to reconcile to their online balance, and then only when I select "Reconcile" from the account register. Only the two Chase accounts are auto-reconciling transactions when they are downloaded. I can't figure out how to turn it off. If I follow the help article above there's no auto-reconcile checkbox to deselect. This only started recently, like maybe after Chase updated their interface to Quicken.
  • Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    You have to turn off "Reconcile to online balance" to get at the option to turn off automatic reconcile.
    While reconcile to online balance is on Quicken will bypass the dialog that gives you the choice when you select Reconcile/Ctrl+R.

Once you have "Reconcile to online balance" off, select Ctrl+R and you will see that there is an option for turning reconciling to the online balance on, and one for automatic reconcile.
    Signature:
    This is my website: http://www.quicknperlwiz.com/
  • lurch177
    lurch177 Member ✭✭
    Options
    > @Chris_QPW said:
    > You have to turn off "Reconcile to online balance" to get at the option to turn off automatic reconcile.
    > While reconcile to online balance is on Quicken will bypass the dialog that gives you the choice when you select Reconcile/Ctrl+R.
    >
    > Once you have "Reconcile to online balance" off, select Ctrl+R and you will see that there is an option for turning reconciling to the online balance on, and one for automatic reconcile.

That did the trick, thanks. After deselecting "Reconcile to online balance" in Online Services I was able to select it again in Reconcile/Ctrl-R (leaving auto-reconcile deselected) and it's working again. Not sure how it got messed up to begin with but all's well now.
This discussion has been closed.