Wells Fargo - "Bank Bill Pay" is not available

Options
Jerry Pederson
Jerry Pederson Member ✭✭✭✭
Bank Bill Pay for my Wells Fargo A/c is no longer available after installing update R44.27.

My Wells A/c is still on Direct Connect

What is going on? 

Answers

• Boatnmaniac
    Boatnmaniac SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Does the Online Services tab of Account Details show that Online Bill Pay for Bank Bill Pay is set up?  If not, try setting it up there.
    If it does show that Online Bill Pay is set up, then i would suggest restoring the last backup file (from just before you updated to R44.27) and see if Online Bill Pay shows as being set up in there.  Quicken now automatically saves a backup of your data file before doing a version update.  The version being updated will be inserted in the name of that backup file as highlighted in yellow in this example.
    If you do not know where your automatic backup files are saved:  Edit > Preferences > Backup > click on Open for Automatic Backups.  Double click on the appropriate file and Quicken will walk you through the restoration process.

(Quicken Classic Premier Subscription: R55.15 on Windows 11)

• Jerry Pederson
    Options
    Quicken in their unparalleled wisdom has done away with the options of Online Services and Display Options for my Wells Fargo checking a/c in the edit account detail option.  has anybody else experienced this and the elimination of "direct connect" with Wells?
  • Boatnmaniac
    Boatnmaniac SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    My WF checking account is working fine.  DC is still the connection method and Bank Bill Pay still works.  The Online Services and Display Options tabs are intact and editable.
    The Online Services and Display Options tabs are not present in your file?  It sounds like perhaps there is some corruption in your data file.  If this is the case: 
    • You could try File > Validate & Repair File > check the box for Validate File > OK:  That can fix some data file corruption issues as well as some Quicken installation issues.
    • Did you try restoring the backup file that was suggested earlier?  If so, and the problem still exists in there, try restoring the one from just before that.  You might want to keep going back to earlier backups to see if any of them might not have this problem.

(Quicken Classic Premier Subscription: R55.15 on Windows 11)

• Jerry Pederson
    Options
    Thanks.  I did what you suggested with the same results.

Subsequently, I discovered Quicken in their latest update moved the "Bank Bill Pay/Online Center" tab to the far right and you must click the arrow to the left of the wording "Downloaded Transactions" to show the icon with a $ sign in the middle of the circular arrow.

Again thanks for mentioning your WF "Direct Connect" works fine.  It made me dig a little deeper.

This discussion has been closed.