Today Quicken Canada announces a 14% price increase,

Options
steved
steved Member
Today Quicken Canada announces a 15% increase, with absolutely no advance notice. Why can't you at least offer a chance to renew before the price increase, to at least get another year out of current price. Why can't you offer multi-year prices at a discount? 15% is a little steep.

Comments

• craigdred
    craigdred Member ✭✭
    edited October 2022
    Options
    [Removed - Off Topic/Rant]
  • jgpuckering
    jgpuckering Member ✭✭
    Options
    I agree completely. It's a 14% year-over-year increase, not 15%. Still.

What also burns is that we got notified about it on the very day it went into effect, so no chance to renew early at the lower price. Nice way to treat loyal customers. New one's get the software free for 30 days. And there are probably discount around for new customers incentives too. But loyal customers -- they get to pay the freight.

There was a 5.6% increase in 2020. Now just two year later another 14%!

What on earth justifies such a big jump in one year????
  • jgpuckering
    jgpuckering Member ✭✭
    Options
    I just got of a chat session to register my complaint about the price increase. I asked for an address so I could write a letter of complaint. The agent couldn't give me one. About all I can do is send a letter to corporate headquarters. Beyond belief they don't have a VP assigned to deal with customer complaints. No doubt they do -- but Customer Support don't have an info they can pass on to customers on how to reach that VP. Clever.
  • UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I just got of a chat session to register my complaint about the price increase. I asked for an address so I could write a letter of complaint. The agent couldn't give me one. About all I can do is send a letter to corporate headquarters. Beyond belief they don't have a VP assigned to deal with customer complaints. No doubt they do -- but Customer Support don't have an info they can pass on to customers on how to reach that VP. Clever.
    Hmmm ... 30 seconds of searching and I found https://www.quicken.com/about-us
    Scroll down the page a little until you find this:

• Jon
    Jon SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    Options
    What on earth justifies such a big jump in one year????
    The Canadian dollar has been falling in value relative to the US dollar this summer & fall; I imagine that's the reason for an increase targeting Canadian customers. 
This discussion has been closed.