New Release Failed to Update

Options
Charlene2@
Charlene2@ Member ✭✭
Sorry for the wrong category but Quicken will not allow me to select the category for updating new releases. I'm sure there is an answer in here somewhere. If someone could point me to the correct thread, I would greatly appreciate it. This always happens when a new version is released, and I attempt to update Quicken. I get an error message containing these words, "...migration tool ... because it is being used by another process." There is no error number just a message saying this file is being used by another process.

I've been slow to ask about this because the last time they issued a new release I went through a lot before finally being able to update. I wonder if it's even worth the time and trouble.

Thank you

Answers

• Quicken Jared
    Quicken Jared Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Sorry for the wrong category but Quicken will not allow me to select the category for updating new releases. I'm sure there is an answer in here somewhere. If someone could point me to the correct thread, I would greatly appreciate it. This always happens when a new version is released, and I attempt to update Quicken. I get an error message containing these words, "...migration tool ... because it is being used by another process." There is no error number just a message saying this file is being used by another process.

I've been slow to ask about this because the last time they issued a new release I went through a lot before finally being able to update. I wonder if it's even worth the time and trouble.

Thank you
    Hello @Charlene@,    

I am sorry to hear about these problems with downloading and installing software updates. Thank you for talking with us about this here on the Quicken Community. 

Have you tried restarting your computer after this happens? You may additionally try uninstalling the Quicken software using the steps listed in this Support Article, then deleting Quicken from the Program Files (x86) folder. You may then reinstall the software after following those steps using the steps listed here. 

I hope to hear more about your results.

Thank you,

Quicken Jared 
This discussion has been closed.