Can I use the desktop PC software for Quicken Deluxe on multiple PCs?

Options
SetSee
SetSee Member ✭✭
Does the annual subscription allow the use of the Windows desktop software for Quicken Deluxe on more than 1 PC? And if so, what kind of syncing is supported?

Best Answer

• Frankx
    Frankx SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Options
    Hi @SetSee

Yes you can.  Please see the information located at this LINK.

If by "synching" you are referring to your data (or in Quicken parlance - you "Quicken datafile") there are various ways to handle that, but you'll need maintain one datafile and move it from your various computers either physically (i.e. on a USB drive) or electronically (via networking).

Let me know if you have any followups.

Frankx

Quicken Home, Business & Rental Property - Windows 10-Home Version

- - - - Quicken User since 1984 - - - 
      -  If you find this reply helpful, please click "Helpful" (below), so others will know! Thank you.  -

Answers

• Greg_the_Geek
    Greg_the_Geek SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    You can install Quicken Subscription on as many PC's as you would like. The only syncing supported is manually copying (or backing up and restoring) the Quicken data file.
    Quicken Subscription HBRP - Windows 10
  • Frankx
    Frankx SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Options
    Hi @SetSee

Yes you can.  Please see the information located at this LINK.

If by "synching" you are referring to your data (or in Quicken parlance - you "Quicken datafile") there are various ways to handle that, but you'll need maintain one datafile and move it from your various computers either physically (i.e. on a USB drive) or electronically (via networking).

Let me know if you have any followups.

Frankx

Quicken Home, Business & Rental Property - Windows 10-Home Version

- - - - Quicken User since 1984 - - - 
      -  If you find this reply helpful, please click "Helpful" (below), so others will know! Thank you.  -

• SetSee
    SetSee Member ✭✭
    edited November 2022
    Options
    Thanks for the answers. My follow-up question has to do with accessing my Quicken data file from the web-based interface or the Quicken app on my phone. If there is no syncing, what data are available those 2 ways, and can I not enter new transactions on my app?

FYI, I have used Quicken for 25 years, am using Quicken 2013, have a datafile of 85 MB, and am anxious about migrating to the current version of Quicken, though I have a friend who has also used Quicken for 25 years and loves it. Tonight I just had a report I run regularly fail to include all the relevant transactions, so I guess I'm hitting some limits/bugs in the 2013 product...
This discussion has been closed.