Can't add new account?

Options
Quicken walked me through adding an account, entering my E*Trade login information, confirming that I don't use two-factor, and showing me which E*Trade accounts were available for download. I chose the appropriate account and the next screen asked whether I wanted "Simple" or more complete information. I chose one, touched "Next" and... nothing. My screen didn't blip as though it recognized the click. No error message, no option to return to previous, just a dumb look from my computer. Any suggestions?

Answers

• Quicken Jared
    Quicken Jared Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Tom in VT said:
    Quicken walked me through adding an account, entering my E*Trade login information, confirming that I don't use two-factor, and showing me which E*Trade accounts were available for download. I chose the appropriate account and the next screen asked whether I wanted "Simple" or more complete information. I chose one, touched "Next" and... nothing. My screen didn't blip as though it recognized the click. No error message, no option to return to previous, just a dumb look from my computer. Any suggestions?
    Hello @Tom in VT,  

I am sorry to hear about these issues with adding accounts. Thank you for inquiring about this here on the Quicken Community. 

When you speak of a 'dumb look' do you mean that the screen simply returned to the Register, or were you seeing a blank window or screen of some kind? Also, what type of account were you trying to add in Quicken, and do you have any other accounts with E*Trade that have linked successfully? Lastly, did you attempt to add the account by going to the Add Account button denoted by the '+' symbol in the upper left-hand side of the screen; what steps did you take, specifically, in order to try to link these accounts? 

I look forward to your answers, and I hope to provide further assistance, if necessary. 

Thank you,

Quicken Jared 
  • Tom in VT
    Tom in VT Member
    Options
    Thank you for helping me clarify, Jared.

Yes, we do have other E*Trade accounts that have been added successfully.

I pulled down "Add Account" from Tools in the top menu bar in Quicken HB&RP.

By "dumb look" I mean that my display did not change at all when I clicked "Next" after choosing Simple securities downloads. It didn't appear greyed out. Nothing happened at all, as though the program didn't understand I had clicked anything and was still waiting for a response.
  • Quicken Jared
    Quicken Jared Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Tom in VT said:
    Thank you for helping me clarify, Jared.

Yes, we do have other E*Trade accounts that have been added successfully.

I pulled down "Add Account" from Tools in the top menu bar in Quicken HB&RP.

By "dumb look" I mean that my display did not change at all when I clicked "Next" after choosing Simple securities downloads. It didn't appear greyed out. Nothing happened at all, as though the program didn't understand I had clicked anything and was still waiting for a response.
    Hello @Tom in VT,       

Thanks so much for answering my earlier questions and for clarifying this situation further. 

What connection method are you currently making use of with the other E*Trade accounts in order to add or link your accounts to online banking services? Please note that you can verify this anytime by going to Tools > Account List and then clicking on the Edit button in the row associated with the affected accounts. Next, go to the Online Services tab in the new window that appears afterward. The information we are looking for should be found under the Online Setup callout box.

Also, if you have the chance, you could save a backup by going to File > Copy or Backup File... in the upper menu at the top of the screen and then create a 'test' data file by going to the same menu and selecting New Quicken File... Next, choose New Quicken File in the screen that follows, and then click OK. After this, choose a file location on your computer and then click Save. Choose Don't use mobile and web when prompted. 

You may then add your E*Trade-associated accounts by navigating to the Add Account button in the upper left-hand side of the screen, denoted by the '+' symbol. Let us know if you see the problem occurring in the test data file once this is attempted.

I look forward to hearing about your results. 

Thank you,

Quicken Jared 
This discussion has been closed.