Section of Categories

Options
When pulling up Categories, there is a gray section list (Business Exp-Personal Income-Personal Exp-Rental Property Exp-Transfers). Can I add or change this Categorie (section in Gray area) list title to better fit my business?
I do not have rental properties, but do have two other businesses.
Can the titles be changed and could additional titles be added?
Tagged:

Answers

• JNC
    JNC Member
    Options
    changing Catagory titles
  • UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Yes, you can create Custom Category Groups.
    However, to assign business transactions you would assign each transaction, e.g., a Customer Invoice, to a Business tag specific to each business. To create or manage business information select the Business tab, then Business Tools, Manage Business Information. Using these business tags there is no need to create a whole set of business-related Categories for each new business. Quicken knows how to keep businesses separate using these tags and how to, e.g., create Schedule C copies, one for each business.
  • JNC
    JNC Member
    Options
    I dont think I was clear. When you go to TOOL, then Category list. Once it opens you see on the left side there is a gray column. How can I change these titles to match my needs? Thanks
  • UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    You cannot change the predefined Category Group titles, but you can add Custom Category Groups, as I briefly mentioned in my earlier response.
    Once you have added the desired Custom Category Groups, you can move existing categories from their default Group to your new Group(s) or you can create new categories and assign them to the new Custom Group.
    To do so, when in the Category List view click on the Options button and select Assign Category Groups.
This discussion has been closed.