QuickenPatch.exe - expired certificate - August/2022

Options
Ps56k2
Ps56k2 SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
Just thought I would mention that the patch exe certificate has expired.

QWin - R54.16 - Win10

Comments

• Ps56k2
    Ps56k2 SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Also... I wonder if there is any way to "screen grab" while in this special mode of UAC dialog.... ?
    The normal keystrokes were not working for a screen grab and Paste.
    So - had to take a photo with the iphone, and post the entry while there.

QWin - R54.16 - Win10

• UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2022
    Options
    Ps56k2 said:
    Also... I wonder if there is any way to "screen grab" while in this special mode of UAC dialog.... ?
    The normal keystrokes were not working for a screen grab and Paste.
    So - had to take a photo with the iphone, and post the entry while there.
    Try Shift+PrtScreen. Open MS Paint and select the Paste button to paste the image into Paint. Crop and edit as needed, then Save as PNG file to your Pictures folder.

• Ps56k2
    Ps56k2 SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    UKR said: Try Shift+PrtScreen.
    Nope - don't think that the normal clipboard cut/paste "environment" is active during this special dialog...

QWin - R54.16 - Win10

• GeoffG
    GeoffG SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    ShareX provides Print Screen capture. As shown on Win11

• Rocket J Squirrel
    Rocket J Squirrel SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2022
    Options
    Try Greenshot. Its hot keys usually don't interfere with the onscreen image.

Quicken user since version 2 for DOS, now using QWin Biz & Personal Subscription (US) on Win10 Pro.

• UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Let's not sidetrack this discussion with "101 ways to capture a screenshot".
    The important part is:
    Is somebody from Quicken looking into that expired certificate issue and doing whatever it takes to fix it?

• Ps56k2
    Ps56k2 SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2022
    Options
    I Flagged it for Review & Moderation...
    Also - I asked about the screen capture, because (for me) the normal ways were not working - but only for this -

QWin - R54.16 - Win10

• Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I have never found a way other than taking a picture of the screen when Login/UAC dialog is up.
    This is a Windows security measure.  They don't want anything to be able to run while it is in that special mode asking for permissions.

Note that one can also get at the certificate from the installed EXE.
    Right Click -> Properties -> Digitial Signatures -> select Quicken Inc. line -> Details (the sign date is on this dialog, but you can view the certificate with -> View Certificate.

Since this isn't in UAC prompt mode you can take any screenshots you like.
    Signature:
    This is my website: http://www.quicknperlwiz.com/
  • Ps56k2
    Ps56k2 SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Yeah, Right Click can see and grab the “properties” display, but I also needed the actual file name message for documentation 

QWin - R54.16 - Win10

• Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Ps56k2 said:
    Yeah, Right Click can see and grab the “properties” display, but I also needed the actual file name message for documentation 
    Yep, and that is why if I was having to document this, I would have done it exactly how you did.
    Signature:
    This is my website: http://www.quicknperlwiz.com/
This discussion has been closed.