Error message when i check for updates

Options
R Weiss
R Weiss Member ✭✭
I just updated Quicken Premier 2019 to version R44.27 & now when I click check for updates I get a box that pops up and states "an unknown error" & the only thing I can do is hit the OK. Any help?

Answers

• Quicken Jared
    Quicken Jared Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    R Weiss said:
    I just updated Quicken Premier 2019 to version R44.27 & now when I click check for updates I get a box that pops up and states "an unknown error" & the only thing I can do is hit the OK. Any help?
    Hello @R Weiss,  

I am sorry to hear about this problem with online banking services. Thank you for inquiring about this here on the Quicken Community.

First, are there any error codes that you can see when this message appears? Also, is there any way you could provide screenshots of what you're seeing - with personal information redacted as necessary? You can follow the steps explained in this FAQ in order to do this. Also note that you may drag and drop your images into your comment in order to submit images, as well.

If - in the event you aren't seeing any error codes - you may try restarting your computer after this happens. You may additionally try uninstalling the Quicken software using the steps listed in this Support Article, then deleting Quicken from the Program Files (x86) folder. You may then reinstall the software after following those steps using the steps listed here. 

I look forward to hearing back from you about this, and hope to provide further recommendations, if necessary.

Thank you,

Quicken Jared 

• R Weiss
    R Weiss Member ✭✭
    Options
    Hello Jared, I've attached a picture of the error message I see. I also went to the Quicken website & downloaded Quicken & reinstalled it. I'm still getting this error message when I check for updates. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks R Weiss
  • R Weiss
    R Weiss Member ✭✭
    Options
    Jared, good news, I rebooted my computer & now I don't get the error message. Thanks for your help, but can you explain how rebooting my computer fixed this issue. I don't understand, but grateful for you assistance. Thanks again R Weiss
  • Quicken Jared
    Quicken Jared Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    R Weiss said:
    Jared, good news, I rebooted my computer & now I don't get the error message. Thanks for your help, but can you explain how rebooting my computer fixed this issue. I don't understand, but grateful for you assistance. Thanks again R Weiss
    Hello @R Weiss

Thank you for providing that helpful screenshot, and for continuing to check back in with us about this. I am glad to hear that the situation has been resolved. Restarting the computer and close the program and initiate a new launch, which can sometimes resolve issues such as those described earlier. 

Feel free to reach out again anytime, and have a great day!

Thank you,

Quicken Jared 
This discussion has been closed.