Memo/Notes field not accepting edits for scheduled transactions (Q Mac)

Options
aekdeeds@
aekdeeds@ Member ✭✭
Is no one else having an issue with the MEMO/NOTES field not accepting edits for scheduled transactions since the latest update? It's very frustrating for me. I've had this issue with the ACTION field as well, today. :#

Comments

• jacobs
    jacobs SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    Options
    To make sure we're on the same page here… are you double-clicking on a scheduled transaction, selecting Edit All Instances, then clicking the title triangle next to "Add tags/memo/action" to show the Memo/Notes and Action fields. When you make an edit to the Memo field, do you then Tab or click out of it before clicking OK to save the transaction? That appear to be the key; if you make an edit but remain in the field when you press OK, the edit doesn't register, but if you Tab out of the field, then it does.
    Quicken Mac Subscription • Quicken user since 1993
  • aekdeeds@
    aekdeeds@ Member ✭✭
    Options
    I'll make I do tab out, but in the case of the ACTION field, I have definitely been tabbing out. The transactions appear to have been edited successfully, but when I look at them later, no dice.
  • aekdeeds@
    aekdeeds@ Member ✭✭
    Options
    I'll make SURE I do tab out, but in the case of the ACTION field, I have definitely been tabbing out. The transactions appear to have been edited successfully, but when I look at them later, no dice.
  • aekdeeds@
    aekdeeds@ Member ✭✭
    Options
    Thanks for your help, but I am editing a scheduled transfer (XFER) action. As soon as I successfully update the action on one side of the transfer, the updated action on the other side/account disappears, as though they aren't linked for edits. As I thought, I AM tabbing out before saving. (fyi: I have never needed to tab before saving edits in the past, and I can't help thinking there is some bug operating here.)
  • breahl
    breahl Unconfirmed, Member
    Options
    I can't add or delete for memo field either. This has only happened in the last week or two. I've had Quicken for years and never had this problem. When I schedule a payment and get a confirmation code, I always enter the conf. # in memos. It has always pasted into memos. Unfortunately it does it for all the future payments scheduled for that account also, but Ive learned to live with that. After the payment clears, I've always been able to clear the future memos. Now I'm unable to add or delete anything in memos.
  • starsong2001
    starsong2001 Member ✭✭
    Options
    I just noticed this too. Updated Quicken this morning. Went to update a memo field but the change isn't retained.
  • Quicken Jared
    Quicken Jared Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Hello everyone, 

I am sorry to hear that you are being affected by these issues with the Memo/Notes field. 

Although I was unable to reproduce this issue on my side, I recommend submitting program log files by navigating to Help > Report a problem in the upper menu at the top of the screen. You may then include a brief description of the issue as well as any available screenshots you may have along with the data logs. Although we will investigate this issue further, we do not have an ETA on a resolution, and you will not receive a response through these submissions, as these are used purely for investigative purposes.

Feel free to reach out with any other questions or concerns.

Thank you,

Quicken Jared
  • starsong2001
    starsong2001 Member ✭✭
    Options
    I just was able to edit the Memo field. Made the change, then went to the Schedule tab. Did nothing more there but click the OK, and then my memo was saved.
  • aekdeeds@
    aekdeeds@ Member ✭✭
    Options
    I have resolved this issue by ALWAYS tabbing out of the memo (or other edited) field before entering/saving. I never needed to take this extra step before the most recent update, but I guess progress sometimes requires additional effort. :#
  • jacobs
    jacobs SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    Options
    You either need to press Tab to exit the Memo/Notes field or click in some other field before saving the edited transaction. This is a bug introduced in version 6.10; the developers are are if it and plan to fix it in an upcoming release.
    Quicken Mac Subscription • Quicken user since 1993
This discussion has been closed.